Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

Re: 8/11/13 - Reds vs. Padres

Alonso has been impressive.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Most hitters are better on balls up in the zone. That's a different thing than being able to handle pitches down and in.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Leake done. Parra in.

Really well pitched game from Mike. He didn't have his best stuff but he fought his way through it. Well done.

Parra...as usual, color me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Hey don't get me wrong it's painful at times but believe it or not this is a good baseball team. As far as this particular game goes I don't know why people do it to their self. Being a baseball fan that is. I'm willing to bet that there's people getting more bent out of shape because of the first 6 innings of this game then I have for the last year about anything.
    There is no sense of urgency....none...you don't let crappy teams beat you at home in August if you are a legit team.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-11-2013),kbrake (08-11-2013),LexRedsFan (08-11-2013)

I think we all know that the Dodgers, St. Louis, Tampa, or even a middle of the road offense would have put up some runs on Kennedy today. He's not horrible, but he's miles from a shutdown pitcher at this point in his career. The Reds play like they've got a plane to catch because they do. Hack, hack, hack. Gotta make sure we check in to our hotel.

I don't understand taking your hat off for god bless America. It is not the national anthem.

Alonso has been impressive.
    Wish the Reds could have somehow hung on to him.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    There is no sense of urgency....none...you don't let crappy teams beat you at home in August if you are a legit team.
    Well, at least the Cards aren't a legit team after losing 2 of 3 to the Cubs. That's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I think we all know that the Dodgers, St. Louis, Tampa, or even a middle of the road offense would have put up some runs on Kennedy today.
    I don't think this is a safe assumption.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

12. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (08-11-2013)

So you'd say that the Cards aren't a legit team?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Yonder singles, bunted over to 2nd, Deno pinchhitting for Jaff.

Hoover may be coming in. Yep. Hoover in.

Sure you don't let them but I'd imagine that just about every team that's ever won the WS has lost a series to a crappy team at home during the last few moths of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I don't think this is a safe assumption.
    I'd describe it as a fait accompli. He'll surrender runs in his next start, probably several.

He is not Pedro Martinez or Greg Maddux. He just isn't.

Sure you don't let them but I'd imagine that just about every team that's ever won the WS has lost a series to a crappy team at home during the last few moths of the season.
    Don't ruin his oh so dramatic false declaration please.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Will Venable always looks like a great player when we face him. No clue why. He's well below average against everyone else.
    Career OPS+ of 109. 120 This year and 115 last year. Better defender than he gets credit for. I've wanted the Reds to get him for 3 years now. He'd be a perfect guy to pair with Ludwick and could be part of the Mix next year when Choo leaves.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-11-2013),jojo (08-11-2013),Kingspoint (08-11-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (08-11-2013)

Turn Off Ads?