Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Re: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Ok guys. Here we go again.

We spot the guy a nice lead in a big game and he promptly comes out and gets hit hard. Everything has been hard outs even. He's getting ahead of hitters then leaving pitches over the plate.

He's valuable as a hitter and all thay but he doesnt get guys out.
    A nice lead? What game are you watching. Also, if Dickerson catches that ball it is still 2-2.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    A nice lead? What game are you watching. Also, if Dickerson catches that ball it is still 2-2.
    A 1 run lead with this offense IS a nice lead. haha
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

carlos lee should have had 2 hrs.

And there were others hit to the wall.

4 BB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    carlos lee should have had 2 hrs.

And there were others hit to the wall.

4 BB as well.
    Too bad Carlos Lee plays for the Astros. If you are gonna bash Owings, at least say that Derrick Lee should have had 2 HRs. And are we really saying that Owings did bad because someone "should have" or "could have". The Cubs are hitting the ball well on everyone tonight.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommycash View Post
    Too bad Carlos Lee plays for the Astros. If you are gonna bash Owings, at least say that Derrick Lee should have had 2 HRs. And are we really saying that Owings did bad because someone "should have" or "could have". The Cubs are hitting the ball well on everyone tonight.
    okaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hope we don't have to excuse this and that all year for him. Owings isn't getting it done. He'd tell you that.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

He has a 5.59 ERA to this point so after 2 starts it's obvious he's not getting it done. Since evidently he should go to the bullpen or AAA, why don't we send these pitchers who have had at least 2 starts in 2009 to the pen or the minors?

Jon Garland 5.71 ERA
    Ubaldo Jimenez 6.00 ERA
    Edinson Volquez 6.46 ERA
    John Lannan 6.46 ERA
    Ricky Nolasco 6.60 ERA
    Oliver Perez 7.80 ERA
    Jeff Suppan 8.56 ERA
    Scott Olsen 9.00 ERA
    Aaron Cook 10.22 ERA
    Cole Hamels 11.17 ERA
    Brian Moehler 27.00 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    He has a 5.59 ERA to this point so after 2 starts it's obvious he's not getting it done. Since evidently he should go to the bullpen or AAA, why don't we send these pitchers who have had at least 2 starts in 2009 to the pen or the minors?

Jon Garland 5.71 ERA
    Ubaldo Jimenez 6.00 ERA
    Edinson Volquez 6.46 ERA
    John Lannan 6.46 ERA
    Ricky Nolasco 6.60 ERA
    Oliver Perez 7.80 ERA
    Jeff Suppan 8.56 ERA
    Scott Olsen 9.00 ERA
    Aaron Cook 10.22 ERA
    Cole Hamels 11.17 ERA
    Brian Moehler 27.00 ERA

Can this thread get any more ridiculous. Dickerson screwed the whole inning up. Without that error, the inning ends with no runs allowed.

End of story.

Move on people.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Can this thread get any more ridiculous. Dickerson screwed the whole inning up. Without that error, the inning ends with no runs allowed.

End of story.

Move on people.
    Thank you. I just guess it goes to show you that everybody has to have a scape-goat or whipping boy every year. These guys just picked Owings.

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Ok guys. Here we go again.

We spot the guy a nice lead in a big game and he promptly comes out and gets hit hard. Everything has been hard outs even. He's getting ahead of hitters then leaving pitches over the plate.

He's valuable as a hitter and all thay but he doesnt get guys out.
    A one run lead, seriously, a "nice lead". it was one run. No, he didnt look good, but I think you can look at everyone in uniform that played in that game and find something they did or didnt do that helped earn that L. Our outfield sure didn't help him. Having a SS with no range left didnt help. His catcher sure as heck didnt help him ANY....
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post

End of story.

Move on people.
    Sure dickerson can take some blame for that ball. And it will go down as error. But it wasnt an easy ball to catch by no means. Especially in that wind and how the ball barely missed the over hanging fence.

How about putting a little blame on Owings for piping another fast ball belt high to lee in the first place.

Fact of the matter of is. People wanted to place bets and everything else that he wont be 2-9 at any point this season.

Well he's 0-2 and looks to be on his way to that.

Geez, anyone remember the good ol days when being a fan meant pulling for your team to do well?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

You dont know me^

I cheer on our squad every play.

However im also a realist.

Bring up TEH HOMERZ!!!11

Seriously. I really don't like Owings stuff but I'm not sure Homer's straightball is any better. Especially if he can't hit 95 anymore.

In all honesty i would be willing to bet money that if homer was called up and put into the #5 role he will be 10times better than owings will ever be...owings = reliever

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I would like to point out that Owings is our 5th starter.... Not our ace, our 5th starter. Once again we were in the game till the bullpen, which for the most part has been great, let the game slip away. He is not Babe Ruth, he's not going to be our savior. He has more upside than down side. He is still fairly young. Don't turn your back on him yet.

Turn Off Ads?