Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Time to pony up some money for Atkins! Best Defensive Tackle in the league. Zimmer really took this defense a long way since the first few weeks. Nice to get into the playoffs once again however our first opponent will be very tough to beat.
    There's a chance we could be hosting Indianapolis.

I think.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll say one thing. The old Bengals don't win this game. We had turnovers that were bailed out by our defense, coaching mistakes that were bailed out, big stops on 3rd down and a clutch play with the season on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Love it that they get clinch in Pittsburgh with a win over the Steelers.
    It's a Festivus Miracle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The 56 yard FG decision is definitely a top 10 in the "Marvin's dumb ass coaching decisions" Hall of Shame. On my list, tops anything he's done in his tenure. Then Tomlin makes basically the same call. You punt and rely on your D to get you to OT. They had to make those decisions on emotions, because I certainly can't imagine they got this far being that stupid!

Thank you for the early Christmas present, Big Ben.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=97340&page=24

Post #353. For all of you doubters below, enjoy your Christmas dinner:

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Marvin just had one of the worst single-game coaching performances I've ever seen. Yet the players still pulled it out. Unbelievable. Marvin was a bigger obstacle to overcome than the Steelers.

A win is a win . They did what I didn't think was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    There's a chance we could be hosting Indianapolis.

I think.
    Unless they win the division.....the Bengals are either going to Denver, NE or Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Marvin just had one of the worst single-game coaching performances I've ever seen. Yet the players still pulled it out. Unbelievable. Marvin was a bigger obstacle to overcome than the Steelers.

A win is a win . They did what I didn't think was possible.
    Tomlin and Marvin were dueling, their game decision brilliance on display in all its glory.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Per Reedy Marvin thanked the team in the locker room for bailing him out. Sometimes desperation makes people do dumb things which I think is what happened to both Tomlin and Lewis today. Glad he didn't deny he was awful today.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

The 56 yard FG attempt was stupid, but what possible explanation could Marvin have for going for it on 4th and 22?

You either attempt the 51-yard FG or try to punt it inside the 20.

The only possible explanation is that Marvin (and the entire Off coaching staff) thought it was 3rd down.

Funny thing is it almost worked as Green was within a millimeter of being in-bounds on that catch. Still, it made zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=97340&page=24

Post #353. For all of you doubters below, enjoy your Christmas dinner:

I am glad the Bengals pulled it together to get into the playoffs, however after some pretty bad losses to Cleveland and Miami I could see how some folks were pretty down about their chances going forward. I think getting the D on track was absolutely the key to this team turning it around. Kudos to Zimmer for a great job stabilizing a ship that was about to overturn.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    The 56 yard FG attempt was stupid, but what possible explanation could Marvin have for going for it on 4th and 22?

The only possible explanation is that Marvin (and the entire Off coaching staff) thought it was 3rd down.

Funny thing is it almost worked as Green was within a millimeter of being in-bounds on that catch. Still, it made zero sense.
    With so many coaches on the staff that would be tough to believe however if it comes out he thought it was third down he should be fired on the spot.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    With so many coaches on the staff that would be tough to believe however if it comes out he thought it was third down he should be fired on the spot.
    Agree and yet the decision to go for it may have been even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post

At the time of the 4th and 22 I just assumed Marvin had no faith in a FG over 50 yards at Heinz, which would be totally understandable since long field goals aren't made there. On the 35 I just figured he was okay with Pitt getting the ball there and not risking a net 15 yard punt...so go ahead and throw it down field and if it's intercepted who cares. Worst case scenario they get the ball at the 35, a missed FG would give them a little better field position.

But then that makes the 56 yard call even more bizarre. I don't think he'd change his first decision, the 56 yard decision was the dumb one imo. Tomlin's decision to go for a 54 yarder was equally bad tho.

There has to be some kind of mistake. The Bengals don't win those kinds of games.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?