Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homer Bailey: 2012 vs 2013

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Homer Bailey: 2012 vs 2013

Thanks Dave. I thought it came before then, but that does seem like the one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This is two straight years he can probably say that. Last year he put on like 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason, mostly in the upper body. This past year it was another 15-20.
    I remembered it last year, I missed hearing it this year. Nice to see his work paying off.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I read that article too and it make sense. To be fair though over the last 3 or so years Bailey has pitched better than the results he's received. Now he's learning I think to be a bit more cerebral and composed. If that continues he could really develop into an elite pitcher.

I think what's going to happen over the next couple of years is you're going to see one of our big three pitchers (Cueto, Latos, Bailey) moved. If it's someone other than Bailey he will get a pretty decent contract. I think that this decision will be made more clear as Cingrani gets more looks and if he can really bring himself into the fold by pitching very well. I'm actually a big fan of Cingrani and having a lefty in the rotation is not a bad thing.

As much as I've loved watching Bailey develop and possibly become an elite pitcher I think he's the most likely to go...maybe this winter. If he does go I really hope a good, young stud outfielder is coming back. I would give an arm and a leg for Buxton (ie. Bailey + Hamilton easily).
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

First CG of 2013 -- hitting 97 on the gun in the 9th 120 pitches into his start.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Topped out at 98 MPH tonight via Pitch F/X.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    First CG of 2013 -- hitting 97 on the gun in the 9th 120 pitches into his start.
    And the great thing is I don't expect him to fall back to earth and average 92 in his next start. I don't know if it's all the weight he's put on or what, but he's bringing ace stuff every time out now. Makes me wanna dust off my 2005 prospect handbook and cry a little tear of vicarious satisfaction. Thank god this didn't happen.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-happenbook-it

He's certainly not the skinny tall kid who came up from AAA, with the long wind-up and funky delivery who threw a straight fastball and a slow curve.

He's way more compact, quick to the plate, and stronger (mentally and physically) than he was 3 years ago. The increase in velocity doesn't surprise me. I saw him hit 97 at least 5 times tonight.

Wildcatfan.....that post is RZ HOF worthy....well played!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I remember when Bailey was coming up through the minors, the other pitcher that was a top prospect at the time was Phil Hughes of the Yankees. While Hughes isn't necessarily bad, I'm glad Homer developed more than Hughes. Homer looks every bit the part of an ace pitcher. Out of all the Reds starting pitchers, I like watching Bailey the most (Aroldis is my absolute favorite). Latos is a close 2nd. Cingrani is rising quick.

Turn Off Ads?