Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming to Cincy for the first time!

BigRedMachine

Coming to Cincy for the first time!

Hi I am Cary! I am coming up to Cincy for my Birthday to watch the Reds/ Houston series. Any ideas on what I should do while I am here? My Birthday is Sunday, I will be 23!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Coming to Cincy for the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedMachine View Post
    My Birthday is the 30th. I am coming up to Cincy tommarow to watch all three Reds games. Any ideas on what I should do while I am here.
    I'm partial to Clifton, Mt Adams, and Newport.

Make sure you eat at Ambar India if you like Indian food. Montgomery Inn best ribs in the country.
    If you like classy bars try out City view tavern or Mt Adams pavilion. Hoffbrau house in Newport is awesome also.

For family stuff try out Newport aquarium or Cincinnati zoo. It is the second best zoo I have ever been to also.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Almost forgot that Taste of Cincinnati is downtown this weekend. Perfect weekend to visit! Has all the best food places in the city for drinks/small meals.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

You must try Skyline Chili. It's amazing. I would recommend a "coney" which is a hot dog with chili and cheese, or a "3-way" which is spaghetti with chili and cheese. You must try it if you come to Cincy.

MODS: Please MOVE this thread to the NON-SPORTS CHATTER forum. THANKS!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Arnold's Bar and Grill. Friend of mine owns the place. Not your average place for a 23 year old to hang out, but you should pop in just to have a pint, at least. It's a great bar, within walking distance of GABP.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Arnold's Bar and Grill. Friend of mine owns the place. Not your average place for a 23 year old to hang out, but you should pop in just to have a pint, at least. It's a great bar, within walking distance of GABP.

Second that. Try some Christian Morelein beer - which is also served at various spots in GABP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Skipped out on a class trip my senior year to get a burger and beer at Arnolds, when we returned to the bus to retrun to school the teacher informed us we had earned a weeks worth of detention. Replied that yes we were sorry, but felt it was worth the cost.

You have to try Skyline. Get a coney and a three way. You won't regret it. If you like ribs then check out Montgomery Inn. LaRosa's Pizza is great as well. Want some ice cream? Go visit Graeter's or UDF. Cincinnati has some great food.

It's been a long time but my memories of LaRosa's Pizza are not good.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    My memories of LaRosa's are recent and delicious.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

My memories of LaRosa's are recent and delicious.
    Mine too! Another Cincy must-eat.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    It's been a short time for me and it still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's been a short time for me and it still sucks.
    If there is one thing I don't like about Larosa's is the fact that they still use a lot of frozen doughs instead of hand tossed for there basic pizzas. However, they still bake on stones rather than using oiled screens or pans on a conveyor belt. At least they do in the good stores. Generally, when you go to a LaRosa's, you are going to eat something that is made out of pretty good ingredients and they are still operating under the philosophy that the product matters. It's not a high class deli, but I would not say they suck.

I grew up interacting with the LaRosas and a couple other families that had original franchises. They were always a good company that took care of their people. It's amazing how many employees started working there as kids and are still there, twenty five years later. Many of them were hired by Buddy or one of his sons because they knew the kids couldn't get work elsewhere due to developmental issues.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

If there is one thing I don't like about Larosa's is the fact that they still use a lot of frozen doughs instead of hand tossed for there basic pizzas. However, they still bake on stones rather than using oiled screens or pans on a conveyor belt. At least they do in the good stores. Generally, when you go to a LaRosa's, you are going to eat something that is made out of pretty good ingredients and they are still operating under the philosophy that the product matters. It's not a high class deli, but I would not say they suck.

I grew up interacting with the LaRosas and a couple other families that had original franchises. They were always a good company that took care of their people. It's amazing how many employees started working there as kids and are still there, twenty five years later. Many of them were hired by Buddy or one of his sons because they knew the kids couldn't get work elsewhere due to developmental issues.
    Suck is strong, I'll admit.. It's not my type of pizza, but my wifes family LOVES it, so we always have it.

I don't like the sauce, and they also are very heavy on the sauce.

I wouldn't say LaRosa's sucks. It's on a par with school pizza.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?