Turn Off Ads?
Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1187

Thread: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Re: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

I cannot believe they blew a 2-0 lead like that, still. Now we likely get to watch the Cards again in their place, I won't be watching any of it after that, enough baseball for me this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Epic choke by the Reds.

And sorry, but no, it wasn't a good season. When you return home with a 2-0 series lead and only have to win one of three at home, and you can't even do that, it's not a good season. The Reds choked.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Great season for the Reds. I enjoyed it and they made the last game dramatic at least. Breaks didn't go our way again in the post season. Losing Cueto was huge ad Votto playing at 70% didn't help either. Regardless though, incredible season.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Excuse me? You're saying that a team that won 97 games has lots of work to do in the offseason?

OK settle down...
    Not a reaction. We all know that CF, 3B and potentially LF MUST be addressed. We can't have a repeat of sub-300 hitters at the top of the order.

The bench could use some help too. Valdez is a bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Epic choke by the Reds.

And sorry, but no, it wasn't a good season. When you return home with a 2-0 series lead and only have to win one of three at home, and you can't even do that, it's not a good season. The Reds choked.
    Would you rather have the 2004 season?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Excuse me? You're saying that a team that won 97 games has lots of work to do in the offseason?

OK settle down...
    No one is saying the Reds are a bad team. But it can't be disputed that this offense has holes. A GM's job is to improve his team even if it was 162-0. If you're standing still you're getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Would you rather have the 2004 season?
    Yep. It was way less painful than this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    Not a reaction. We all know that CF, 3B and potentially LF MUST be addressed. We can't have a repeat of sub-300 hitters at the top of the order.

Why on earth does 3B need addressed? CF could potentially take care of itself in spring, but I imagine the Reds will go find a 1-year stopgap to make sure.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Where would this team have been without Ludwick. Going to be very hard to replace that. This was the year to make a push, and they just couldn't do it. Sad, sad, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    No one is saying the Reds are a bad team. But it can't be disputed that this offense has holes. A GM's job is to improve his team even if it was 162-0. If you're standing still you're getting worse.
    No one said the Reds are a bad team. But someone did just say the Reds have a "LOT" of work to do in the offseason. I'd call that quite a bit of hyperbole as any team that wins 97 games cannot have too much roster work to do especially when the core of the team is signed beyond this season.

Having holes isn't the same as having a "LOT" of work to do.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post

More Frazier please? Or writing him off as a career year as a rookie?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

What will be done is very simply this: Reds brass will meet and determine what they need to do to maximize season ticket sales. I'm sure a new manager will be on the table to send a signal the Reds are serious about winning a WS, and after two abysmal post-season showings in 3 years, a new approach will be taken. The Reds have become the kings of the NL central, and the joke of the playoffs...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Why on earth does 3B need addressed? CF could potentially take care of itself in spring, but I imagine the Reds will go find a 1-year stopgap to make sure.
    I hear Willy Patterson and Corey Tavares need work *joking*.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Absolutely crushed .... but what a duke out by Jay Bruce. Sitting here in silence.

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    More Frazier please? Or writing him off as a career year as a rookie?
    No, I like Frazier at third. But for him to get there, Rolen has to retire. The only concern I have with Frazier is his defense at third.

Would have loved to have seen more of Todd in the series.

Turn Off Ads?