Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

Re: NBA Lottery on Tuesday

Originally posted by 15fan(Look back at that 2003 draft - Lebron #1, Carmelo Anthony #3, Chris Bosh #4, Dwyane Wade #5, Diaw @ #21, Barbossa @ #28, and Josh Howard @ 29. That's a whole lot of impact players in 1 draft.)

If there's a team that can flub the draft, it's the Hawks.
    Wasn't Hinrich #6, he ain't so bad himself?!

Originally posted by Joseph
    Go Bulls! I hope they end up with a top 3 pick.
    A fellow Bulls fan alright, I'm hoping we can steal a top 3 pick myself. I'm liking Conley (would be a nice fit if we cannot get a PF or C with some offensive game), Horford, Wright (obvious reasons) or Brewer (Know we don't necc. need him but I love his game). This is of course assuming nothing major happens like getting the #1 or #2 pick which are no brainers too me and nearly everyone else. But we will probably end up 9th or 10th and end up with Spencer Hawes or the like.

Originally posted by HotCorner
    I'm waiting to see what happens to the Celts. ESPN.com's Bill Simmons (aka The Sports Guy) is a huge Celts fan (actually Boston sports fan).

I'm more interested to see his reaction should the Celts land a top-two pick OR fallout of the top two.
    Gosh I cannot stand Bill Simmons he is a complete Tool! He might be worse than Colin Cowherd, no in fact he is worse! Of course neither of them can hold a candle to Rome the ultimate clown.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    ESPN.com's Bill Simmons (aka The Sports Guy) is a huge Celts fan (actually Boston sports fan).

I'm more interested to see his reaction should the Celts land a top-two pick OR fallout of the top two.
    I love the Sports Guy, but I am soooooo hoping that they end up with the #3 pick just so I can watch him meltdown over missing out on Oden/Durant. Or even better, I'd like to see the Celts get the #2 pick and watch them pass on Durant for Yi Jianlian or Roy Hibbert. That would be priceless.

Simmons was much funnier when he was a snakebit Boston sports fan. The success of the Pats and Red Sox have really taken away some of his edge. Watching the Celtics eat a big old turd sandwich might be just the thing he needs to get back to his old self.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    But what if the deal ends up being Boris Diaw + a top pick in 2007, which most folks knew was going to be tremendously deep? At that point, it's a pretty steep price to pay for Joe Johnson.
    Can't say until I see the pick. They also gave Phoenix a pick last year that came from Boston through the Lakers, #21. Phoenix picked Rajon Rondo and traded him to Boston, funny how that all worked out. I've got no problem giving up Diaw and Rondo for Johnson, that other pick might be a problem though. Guess I'll have a better answer next month. As it stands right now though I still like the trade, even with the high pick this year.

Hawks are pretty good at getting basically nothing in return for top picks. They should be banned from the lottery

I was kind of hoping that the Celtics fall out of the top 2 just because they openly admitted to tanking which I can't stand to see in the NBA.... but then that would bring the Hawks to the #3 pick, and their pick is a guaranteed bust. Just kiddin Danny.

If there is any kind of rigging to the lottery, please let the Pacers sneak into the top 3. Artest has ruined our franchise (losing him for an entire season; trading for Peja, then Peja not resigning; resulting in an Al Harrington reunion; then resulting into Dunleavy and Murphy)... so Ronnie is responsible for the Pacers running out Mike Dunleavy and TMurda every night.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    How lame are the Hawks?

In the 2006 Draft, they took Shelden Williams with the #5 pick. Portland picked Brandon Roy (2006-2007 ROY) with the #6 pick.

A year earlier in the 2005 draft, they drafted Marvin Williams at #2. Utah followed with Deron Williams at #3, and New Orleans took Chris Paul (2005-2006 ROY) at #4.

The Joshes in 2004 (Childress @ #5 and Smith @ #17) made for a nice tandem. FWIW, Luol Deng went #6 to Chicago.

In 2003 they made a great pick with Boris Diaw. They just made a mistake in trading him away.

(Look back at that 2003 draft - Lebron #1, Carmelo Anthony #3, Chris Bosh #4, Dwyane Wade #5, Diaw @ #21, Barbossa @ #28, and Josh Howard @ 29. That's a whole lot of impact players in 1 draft.)

If there's a team that can flub the draft, it's the Hawks.
    Big article on the front page of this morning's AJC sports section. Is there an echo in here?

With lottery afoot, Billy Knight's not into second-guessing

COULD WE HAVE A DO-OVER?

A draft flashback for Hawks fans (woulda, coulda, shoulda style), focusing on the team's first pick in the past three drafts and the player who went with the very next pick:

• Hawks: Shelden Williams with the fifth pick overall

• Portland: Brandon Roy, the near-unanimous Rookie of the Year

• Hawks: Marvin Williams with the second pick overall

• Utah: Deron Williams, who led his team to the Western Conference finals in just his second season

• Hawks: Josh Childress with the sixth pick overall

• Chicago: Luol Deng, who led his team to a first-round playoff upset of Miami

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Hawks are pretty good at getting basically nothing in return for top picks. They should be banned from the lottery

I was kind of hoping that the Celtics fall out of the top 2 just because they openly admitted to tanking which I can't stand to see in the NBA.... but then that would bring the Hawks to the #3 pick, and their pick is a guaranteed bust. Just kiddin Danny.

If there is any kind of rigging to the lottery, please let the Pacers sneak into the top 3. Artest has ruined our franchise (losing him for an entire season; trading for Peja, then Peja not resigning; resulting in an Al Harrington reunion; then resulting into Dunleavy and Murphy)... so Ronnie is responsible for the Pacers running out Mike Dunleavy and TMurda every night.
    Honestly, it would not surprise me.

The Wizards landed the first pick when Jordan took over.

The Magic landed the first pick when Dwight Howard(from Georgia) was available.

The Cavs, well, you know.

Oden is from Indiana, so it wouldn't shock me.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I like Bill Simmons. I look forward to his columns.

He did have more of a desperate edge before the Sox and Pats would the whole she-bangs, but he's still pretty funny. I think he does his best work when talking about the NBA (Clippers and Celtics).

A part of me wants to see the Celtics fall out of the top 2 picks just to see how unhinged he'll become. He's still bitter about Tim Duncan going to the Spurs. I can't imagine the depths of his despair if the C's don't get Oden or Durrant.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I like Bill Simmons. I look forward to his columns.

He did have more of a desperate edge before the Sox and Pats would the whole she-bangs, but he's still pretty funny. I think he does his best work when talking about the NBA (Clippers and Celtics).

A part of me wants to see the Celtics fall out of the top 2 picks just to see how unhinged he'll become. He's still bitter about Tim Duncan going to the Spurs. I can't imagine the depths of his despair if the C's don't get Oden or Durrant.
    word.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Hey Puffy, I thought the Knicks, as part of one of Thomas' trades over the past year or so, agreed to switch first rounders with a particular team--whose name I can't recall--if the first rounder they won was a lottery pick or something???

Am I thinking right?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Hey Puffy, I thought the Knicks, as part of one of Thomas' trades over the past year or so, agreed to switch first rounders with a particular team--whose name I can't recall--if the first rounder they won was a lottery pick or something???

Am I thinking right?
    I don't think so - last year they had the Bulls pick and the Spurs pick, and this year they have just the Bulls pick.

I'm pretty sure no other switching though.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Am I thinking right?
    The Bulls have the right to swap picks with the Knicks this year. As it stands right now, the Knicks still own their pick and the Bulls own pick #23 (i think).

However, the Bulls are sending a rep to the lottery tonight...so it's safe to say that they're executing the swap. They'll own whatever slot the Knicks draw. Odds are that it's pick #9. At that point, the Knicks will own pick #23.

Ahh k that's what I was thinking of. Could the knicks get a lottery pick?

Ahh k that's what I was thinking of. Could the knicks get a lottery pick?
    They're in the lottery (all teams that don't make the playoffs are in the lottery). The question is whether or not they'll land one of the top three spots. Odds are that they'll end up #9 (where they should be), but there is a small chance that they end up with one of the top three spots.

I would love for the Bulls to get a top pick, I really like their team. I'd say with the 9th pick they will select Spencer Hawes.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    They're in the lottery (all teams that don't make the playoffs are in the lottery). The question is whether or not they'll land one of the top three spots. Odds are that they'll end up #9 (where they should be), but there is a small chance that they end up with one of the top three spots.
    NO, whats he is asking is whether the Knicks themselves can end up in the lottery.

The answer is no - the pick is not protected which means its the Bulls choice either way. The Bulls have already stated they plan on picking 9 or 10 while hoping its 1,2 or 3.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?