Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 6 outfielders

6 outfielders

We currently have 6 outfielders and you would think one has to be sent down or released to bring Wood back up

Who goes?

Gomes, Nix, & Edmonds have no options. If Edmonds still has no hits by the 18th will Walt have the balls to release Edmonds? I don't see them releasing Gomes and Nix has be great lately

Stubbs, Bruce, & Heisey all have options. Stubbs is your best fielder (outfield) on the roster, and when he is not starting it is great to have a pitch runner will that kind of speed. Bruce seems to be hitting again so I can not see him going down. Heisey has be great all season but might be the odd man out so the Reds and keep a 40 year old outfielder who has lost 5 steps and most of his power

Don't get me wrong I care nothing about losing Dickerson, but if you get rid of one of the other 5 outfielders you are messing with team chemistry that has been great all season.

At the 7-31 trade deadline Walt said sometimes it is not the moves you make but the ones you don't make

Since then he has promoted Springer, signed Isringhausen, & traded for Edmonds

Springer pitched 2 games and had a 5.4 ERA before he was DLed, bringing him up cost the Reds Drew Sutton. Isringhausen is getting lit up in AAA and only has 2 more weeks to prove he can help the big team. Edmonds - Well besides going hitless the Reds will need to force another outfielder off the roster to keep him

Maybe Walt should have remembered sometimes it is the moves you don't make

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6 outfielders

I would have said Stubbs but it looks as if hes starting to heat up....combined with that speed and defense I want him up with the club.

takealeake

This is what I hate about Reds management. They're not willing to do the things to win, due to stupid roster management and keeping around guys who are mediocre/bad for the sake of players that make the roster transition easier. Management by veteranship and salary instead of putting the best team out on the field. See what we're going through with Cordero for the biggest proof of that.

Won't they have to make a move for tomorrow's game to make room for Bailey? They were saying on tv that they can't use Cueto's spot for the suspension...so I assume one of the outfielders will go down. I'm not sure which outfielder would go though, probably Stubbs if I had to choose. The only other thing I can think of is to send Leake down...

I would also think Leake will go down and pitch a couple of innings in AAA like Wood today. If Bailey and Wood are coming up one pitcher will have to go temporarily and Leake seems most obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    This is what I hate about Reds management. They're not willing to do the things to win, due to stupid roster management and keeping around guys who are mediocre/bad for the sake of players that make the roster transition easier. Management by veteranship and salary instead of putting the best team out on the field. See what we're going through with Cordero for the biggest proof of that.
    Uhhhh...ok....nice little rant, but who do you think should go, which was the topic of the thread.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

My guess would be Stubbs or Heisey due to the fact that they have options and will get called up a few days later as rosters expand.

I personally would DFA Nix

id say that heisey is the odd man at this point..

Nix has no role on this team.

Turn Off Ads?