Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Willingham disgruntled

Re: Josh Willingham disgruntled

Quote Originally Posted by Root Down View Post
    This move seems like it would be a lateral one to me. I'd really like to see them add some power if anything to the lineup.
    Willingham has power. For his career, he's got a line of .265/.361/.471/.832.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Willingham has power. For his career, he's got a line of .265/.361/.471/.832.
    Yeah you're right, after reading more about him he does have some power and could even be a useful addition to the lineup. I could see adding him to the mix, but he is disgruntled, gruntled, or just plain upset about not being an everyday player there in Washington. I don't see him being much happier in Cincinnati. Plus, what would we have to give up to get him and would it be worth it? I'm not saying it wouldn't be, I'm curious what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Root Down View Post
    Yeah you're right, after reading more about him he does have some power and could even be a useful addition to the lineup. I could see adding him to the mix, but he is disgruntled, gruntled, or just plain upset about not being an everyday player there in Washington. I don't see him being much happier in Cincinnati. Plus, what would we have to give up to get him and would it be worth it? I'm not saying it wouldn't be, I'm curious what you think.
    Given that the Nationals have eleventy billion OF's on their roster, I don't think that they're in a particularly strong bargaining position. I don't think Willingham would be free, but I don't think the Reds would have to give up that much for him, either.

If the Reds were to acquire him, he'd deserve to play everyday in LF (his splits against righties and lefties are nearly identical, so he doesn't need to be platooned). In this scenario, Dickerson would then move to and take over CF. However, we all know that won't happen because of Taveras' two year contract.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Given that the Nationals have eleventy billion OF's on their roster, I don't think that they're in a particularly strong bargaining position. I don't think Willingham would be free, but I don't think the Reds would have to give up that much for him, either.

If the Reds were to acquire him, he'd deserve to play everyday in LF (his splits against righties and lefties are nearly identical, so he doesn't need to be platooned). In this scenario, Dickerson would then move to and take over CF. However, we all know that won't happen because of Taveras' two year contract.
    Foiled again!

However, even if Dickerson were to waste away on the bench if we added Willingham, it means McDonald goes back to AAA (I'm lovin' it!).

If Dickerson is going to be sitting against lefties, and Gomes is not going to play, Willingham would be a great acquisition. I think he would be happy with a platoon role as long as he got 450 AB's, which would be easy to promise, and which he would deserve.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    If Dickerson is going to be sitting against lefties, and Gomes is not going to play, Willingham would be a great acquisition. I think he would be happy with a platoon role as long as he got 450 AB's, which would be easy to promise, and which he would deserve.
    How so as the RH half of a platoon? That's a 250 AB role.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Going to the GABP right now is the same as dining here.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    How so as the RH half of a platoon? That's a 250 AB role.
    As RH half of LF platoon and 4th outfielder. He is the first to fill in for anyone taking time off, and the #1 Rh bat off the bench when he is not starting. That should get him close, over it if there are any injuries.

This would also move Hairston to the backup infielder role, a much better role for him.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?