Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: At least the Cards lost

Re: At least the Cards lost

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ah, Chris Carpenter. You never disappoint.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardina...-23060809.html

Ah gee...Now I have to go talk to my son about this.

Feel a little better knowing nearly the same thing that happened to the Reds happened to their biggest rival. Makes the World Series a little more bearable too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Anyone else loving the irony that the last out of the game was an actual infield fly??!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Cain exacted some revenge on Holliday as well, burying a fastball into his back in the top of the sixth inning, vengeance for his hard takeout slide at second base on eventual NLCS MVP Marco Scutaro in Game 2. Cardinals starter Chris Carpenter screamed from the dugout: This was not the time, the place, for payback. The Giants begged to differ.
    Thank the Lord that baseball has Chris Carpenter to explain even the unwritten rules of baseball at a time when so many know so little.
    Last edited by OldXOhio; 10-23-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Anybody else following the hilarious Baseball's Best Fans account on Twitter? https://mobile.twitter.com/BestFansStLouis
    Ah yes, the lunatic homophobe fringe. Wouldn't be online sports coverage without them, would it?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

honestly, this is not a joke, but who does Chris Carpenter think he is? No one, and i mean no one, is exempt from taking a fastball to the back....not even Babe Ruth....I dont care if its game 7 of the World Series you make your point the way you see fit as long as your not aiming at ones head or hands, if you can put one from the buttocks to the mid back then I think its ok.....yes I would feel the same way if Votto was the one getting plunked.....

I wish Baseball would go back to the day where pitchers brushed guys back each inning if they need to and batters that need hit get hit on occasion.....the game has become one where when a batter gets hit it gets analyzed over and over why he got hit. If you do something to where both teams understand the payback then it will stop there.....if you give payback where teams dont feel like the deserve it then it will continue....I love the days where teams actually had a burning hate for the team in the other dugout......

nowadays with free agency and players jumping ship every few years, players dont want to burn a bridge so they almost hold hands and sing God Bless America in the 7th inning together.....I am all for sportsmanship but I think we have taken it to far.....Chris Carpenter takes it to a whole new level, I like his old school attitude but I dont like his new school way of announcing it to anyone with a set of ears.

I must admit I do find some solace in seeing another team do exactly what our Reds did: blow three straight series clinching games to the Giants. Congrats SF

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Wow. Quite the homophobe fest.
    It's locker room talk, not sensitivity training. Being politically correct is not a prerequisite in every venue

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's locker room talk, not sensitivity training. Being politically correct is not a prerequisite in every venue
    Public social media is a locker room?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ah, Chris Carpenter. You never disappoint.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardina...-23060809.html
    And I remember Cards fans on this board claiming that Chris Carpenter was just like Bon Gibson
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Public social media is a locker room?
    It's the equivalent of locker room talk, indeed

That SS they have will be out of job in a few days.

Happy that the Cards aren't in the World Series, but somehow this makes Game 3 v. the Giants sting a little more. So close ...
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Every time I start to think maybe I should just get over my strong level of dislike for all things Cardinals, Chris Carpenter does something to remind me of why I feel the way I do about that team.

As far as the way Cardinals fans were talking about the Giants and the city of SF there is a difference between being "PC" and flat out hate speech. They crossed a line over and over throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    And I remember Cards fans on this board claiming that Chris Carpenter was just like Bon Gibson

Or more like Jon Bon Jovi.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

So, Mr. Carpenter, it was the time and place for Holliday to take out Scutaro? Please provide chapter and verse of "Baseball the Cardinals (and Right) Way: How we invented the game as we know it" that provides to the baseball world the time and place for proper retaliation. I bet its on the same page as the "Aaron Harang--Headhunter and Public Enemy" illustration.
    Last edited by traderumor; 10-23-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?