Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If the Muskies don't find a miracle that gets them into the Big Dance, us Xavier fans can always start fantasizing about life in the Big East that apparently will start next season.
    Might want to ask UC fans how that turned out for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Might want to ask UC fans how that turned out for them.
    No this is the new Big east- the one where nobody cares about mediocre college football teams.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-01-2013)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    No this is the new Big east- the one where nobody cares about mediocre college football teams.
    Xavier isn't exactly a mediocre football program. They haven't lost a game in what...39 years? How many programs can claim that?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

UMass was lights out from behind the arc today. Tip your cap, move on and get ready for Brooklyn.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    AKA -- the one someone actually WANTS to put on TV.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'm really excited about being in the Big East next year. It just feels right.

I hope Mack can start reeling in some excellent talent now to compete. I think the foundation is there for now anyway. I'd like to avoid a let down season next year as well and it could be hard to do with the changes still underway.

Dee / Randolph
    Semaj / Davis
    Martin / Richards( hoping for big things from this upperclassman in terms of defense and awareness)
    Philmore / Farr
    Stainbrook / Reynolds / Cantino

That's certainly some better depth, if not really young and inexperienced depth. I think 2014 is our next probable shot at a great great team, but I'm always a believer in the XU system. I'd love nothing more than rising to the top of this league year after year.

Again, we'll need to see rapid improvement in the low post from some unknowns, but I think they know that.

Tonight is a big night, would love to get a win and stay alive for a 4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Tonight is a big night, would love to get a win and stay alive for a 4 seed.
    I would also love a win to shut the SLU fans up. I ventured onto one of their message boards and was surprised by how delusional they are. The biggest gem is that one poster thinks SLU is Xavier's biggest rival. Um, ok buddy, if you say so. The Billikens are having a brilliant season but you would think they were Wooden Era UCLA to listen to their fan base.

Yeah, they rival Dayton for thinking they're special for no good reason.

What I find almost comical is how xavier fans are always so obsessed with how fan bases of other teams feel about their teams. Did xavier fans at some point get anointed as the NCAA college basketball fan police?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    What I find almost comical is how xavier fans are always so obsessed with how fan bases of other teams feel about their teams. Did xavier fans at some point get anointed as the NCAA college basketball fan police?
    Yes. We keep a fair and just rule over the masses.

The real answer is that Dayton and SLU fans talk a lot of smack and their teams rarely back it up, so they draw the attention on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    The real answer is that Dayton and SLU fans talk a lot of smack and their teams rarely back it up, so they draw the attention on themselves.
    Exactly. If Butler or Gonzaga want to talk smack, I am all ears. They've earned it. UD, on the other hand, has the NIT banner and back-to-back-to-back preseason conference titles.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Exactly. If Butler or Gonzaga want to talk smack, I am all ears. They've earned it. UD, on the other hand, has the NIT banner and back-to-back-to-back preseason conference titles.
    Childish.

C'mon guys, be classy.

Turn Off Ads?