Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nice article about the Cards!!!

Nice article about the Cards!!!

This article was at St. Louis.com

BY BERNIE MIKLASZ | Posted: Sunday, September 5, 2010 12:20 am | (40) Comments
    Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

A 2010 season that began with such high hopes has come down to this: desperate for satisfaction and eager for entertainment, Cardinals fans have settled for booing Brandon Phillips.
    The Cincinnati Reds' second baseman has been honored all weekend, before and after every plate appearance at Busch Stadium. There will be another tribute to Phillips on Sunday at 1:15 p.m. when the Cardinals and Reds conclude an anticlimactic three-game series.
    Phillips has to love this. He craves attention, and Cardinals fans are giving him exactly what he wants.
    The traditionally polite St. Louis baseball crowd won't snarl at the Cardinals, and Phillips makes for a convenient villain.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 09-05-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Quote length

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nice article about the Cards!!!

The St. Louis media has been very objective about this season (surprisingly). They have sure treated the Reds as contenders better than the Scrubs.

"He's got a lot of best qualities," La Russa said before Saturday's game. "I'll tell you, he never separated himself from the guys in uniform when we struggled. It wasn't, 'I've done my job.' ''

I think this quote guarantees that the Cards are gonna change either GM or TLR come October 5th.

I know that winning cures all ills, but I sure like the fact that Dusty and Walt obviously don not agree all the time, but neither would ever dime the other out.

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    The St. Louis media has been very objective about this season (surprisingly). They have sure treated the Reds as contenders better than the Scrubs.
    I'll agree with this. Though Bernie is usually pretty objective about the St. Louis sports teams. Shoot, remember when his line of questioning angered LaRussa to the point where Tony came from behind the podium and got in his face? That was when I started disliking TLR.

I am not positive on this, but isn't Miklasz banned from the clubhouse because he and Tony despise each other? IMO Bernie Miklasz and occasionally Jeff Gordon are the only ones on the PD staff worth reading.

Sounds like Rasmus is just tired of TLR's crap. The Cards are imploding before our eyes, making the Reds division title even sweeter.

Whether they let him go or not doesn't matter,the damage has been done.This kid won't give his best in the future playing for TLR I would assume.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Sounds like Rasmus is just tired of TLR's crap. The Cards are imploding before our eyes, making the Reds division title even sweeter.
    I think all of their players are tired of TLR.

He reminds me of the leader who blames everyone but himself.

They have zero respect for Tony. Take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think all of their players are tired of TLR.

He reminds me of the leader who blames everyone but himself.

They have zero respect for Tony. Take that to the bank.

you'll love this Votto...

Yesterday LaRussa confirmed that Rasmus requested a trade twice. Before the game Pujols says "if you don't want to be here, leave"...After the game Rasmus denies asking for a trade and Mozeliak says "Rasmus nor his agent ever requested a trade".

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I am not positive on this, but isn't Miklasz banned from the clubhouse because he and Tony despise each other? IMO Bernie Miklasz and occasionally Jeff Gordon are the only ones on the PD staff worth reading.
    Yes, that pretty much sums it up. There is a radio show host in town that anyone from the LaRussa camp boycotts for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    Yes, that pretty much sums it up. There is a radio show host in town that anyone from the LaRussa camp boycotts for the same reason.
    To be fair, the radio show that he boycotts has a host that if Tony wears the sunglasses wrong, he'll go on a rant about it. The radio host is a complete ass clown and it surprises me that anyone actually listens to him on a regular basis.

Bernie and LaRussa have patched things up and they talk to each other all the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    To be fair, the radio show that he boycotts has a host that if Tony wears the sunglasses wrong, he'll go on a rant about it. The radio host is a complete ass clown and it surprises me that anyone actually listens to him on a regular basis.

Bernie and LaRussa have patched things up and they talk to each other all the time now.
    So you like the King too?

Turn Off Ads?