Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What could we get for Bruce?

Re: What could we get for Bruce?

He made a really nice play in RF last night to rob a hit.

but

in the 6th inning .... ugh. With runners on 2nd and 3rd the Cards were pitching to Bruce with the "UNintentional" walk. They were not going to throw him any pitches to hit with first base open. Pitch 1, low and outside. Pitch 2, low and outside. Pitch 3, low and outside, but for some reason Jay decides to swing. Lazy grounder to the SS to end the inning. Take the walk and see what Frazier could do with the bases loaded. At the time the Reds were up 1-0. The game changed shortly after that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Truth View Post
    He made a really nice play in RF last night to rob a hit.

but

in the 6th inning .... ugh. With runners on 2nd and 3rd the Cards were pitching to Bruce with the "UNintentional" walk. They were not going to throw him any pitches to hit with first base open. Pitch 1, low and outside. Pitch 2, low and outside. Pitch 3, low and outside, but for some reason Jay decides to swing. Lazy grounder to the SS to end the inning. Take the walk and see what Frazier could do with the bases loaded. At the time the Reds were up 1-0. The game changed shortly after that.
    I was really scratching my head on that at-bat. He's been in the league too long to do stuff like that. Inexcusable.

For Bruce? Hmm. I've seen some crazy trade proposals for Stanton on here that's more or less weaken the team for one player. I kinda have a crazy one that may make both teams stronger.

To LAA:
    Bruce
    Corcino or cingrani
    Bham
    Leake

To CIN:
    Trout
    Trumbo

LAA gets a legit young lefty bat to compliment J Hamilton. A possible replacement for bourjos in center who will replace the departing trout, a pitcher to help since weaver is out, and a nice pitching prospect who is near major league ready.

Reds get speed and power in trout, legit right handed power in trumbo, and improved defense in the outfield.

Lineup
    Choo
    Trout
    Votto
    Trumbo
    Phillips
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan/Mes

Just a crazy idea.

Yeah...Angels are going to trade a 21 year old coming off of an MVP season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    We can get approximately 30 hr, 100 RBI and good RF defense at a reasonable price for the next 5 years if we aren't too stupid to trade him.
    Not to mention a .250 BA, 150 strikeouts and oodles of baserunners left on base.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Yeah...Angels are going to trade a 21 year old coming off of an MVP season.
    Like I said a crazy idea. It was meant to be tongue and cheek to all of the crazy Stanton ideas that I see on here. There's no reason to trade the guys that people talk about trading for Stanton. He's an incredible player but not worth mortgaging the future for. Despite Bruce's struggles in clutch situations, I believe he has tremendous upside and definitely saves runs defensively and I wouldn't consider trading him unless there's a haul in return.

Duhhhsty Baker strikes again!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Not to mention a .250 BA, 150 strikeouts and oodles of baserunners left on base.
    Oodles, huh? Was that a new stat in the last baseball abstract?

You're right though... Bruce is the worst 26 year old with comps to hall of famers I have ever seen.

One of the worst clutch hitters I've ever seen. He's great in a blowout though.

couldnt get much for Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Like I said a crazy idea. It was meant to be tongue and cheek to all of the crazy Stanton ideas that I see on here. There's no reason to trade the guys that people talk about trading for Stanton. He's an incredible player but not worth mortgaging the future for. Despite Bruce's struggles in clutch situations, I believe he has tremendous upside and definitely saves runs defensively and I wouldn't consider trading him unless there's a haul in return.
    My bad. I didn't detect the sarcasm.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    My bad. I didn't detect the sarcasm.
    It's all good. I just got tired of all the lets trade for Stanton for our closer and best two prospects stuff on the ORG. It'd wreck our bullpen and us in the future or this year if the injury bug bit the wrong guy. I was trying to say its as dumb for us to give all of that up for Stanton as it would be for the angels to trade trout. Also i was trying to say a good trade happens when you trade pieces that you dont need now in the immediate future like the trade for latos. But in reality I'd love to see us go after a guy like Headley from the padres. I don't think hed cost as much as stanton. Idk if I'd put Bruce in the deal but he'd definitely give votto some protection and improve the D at 3rd.

I think we could get something not as good as Bruce in return for Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think we could get something not as good as Bruce in return for Bruce.
    True. Very true, so I'm on the lets keep him unless Walt can really pull one over in another GM crowd.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Meh. I've been lukewarm on Bruce for a long, long time.

But lately he's been showing me he can go the other way. And for the first time in a long while, he came up clutch WITH SINGLES last night in both games. A very, very good sign. Dude has not been clutch. And always seems to be swinging for the fences. They're pitching him away and he's going with the pitch and getting it done.

Bruce is making serious strides. I'm impressed.

Turn Off Ads?