Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniels and Ryan involved in heated confrontation

Re: Daniels and Ryan involved in heated confrontation

Guess we found out who wears the pants in that organization.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ryan went from being an overrated pitcher to being an overrated exec. His main function with the Rangers was to be a figurehead.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Unassisted (10-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Ryan went from being an overrated pitcher to being an overrated exec. His main function with the Rangers was to be a figurehead.
    I remember a few years ago we had a bit of a debate here when Ryan said he would like to see the people in the organization place a lot less emphasis on pitch counts for their minor league pitchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I remember a few years ago we had a bit of a debate here when Ryan said he would like to see the people in the organization place a lot less emphasis on pitch counts for their minor league pitchers.
    Honestly, I think the Rangers organization spent a lot of time trying to figure out things for Nolan to do that didn't involve setting the organization on fire. "Here's some safety scissors. Now you run around and have some fun."
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Ryan's most memorable "achievement" to me will be showing broadcaster Josh Lewin the door (apparently very popular with Rangers fans) because he reportedly wasn't "Texas" enough. I shouldn't judge from a distance, but it's way too easy.
    Stick to your guns.

Maybe he can go work for the Astros, then when they fire him the Angels and finish his baseball career back with the Mets.
    Go Gators!

9. Likes:

M2 (10-18-2013)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Maybe he can go work for the Astros,
    His son Reid is president of the Astros organization. Nolan was asked yesterday whether he might go work for Reid and he replied that he was likely finished with working in MLB.

Those of you who aren't in Texas are missing out on Nolan's other career as a celebrity endorser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPZIIbxOHQ
    Last edited by Unassisted; 10-18-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Hilarious to me that the manager Ron Washington had to separate HIS TWO BOSSES. Way to show maturity guys. Hard to put any of the blame on the Rangers' performance on Washington when his superiors are acting like a couple of frat boys.
    Oh the irony to think Washington is the mature one, sniff, sniff.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?