Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is TRF? Well, I'll tell you...

Where is TRF? Well, I'll tell you...

Some time ago TRF invited me on this board and I joined and enjoyed myself for the most part. After some time and hard work I was awarded with ORG status. It was subsequently taken away in the Great Purge of 2007. TRF nominated me for ORG but I was posting several unkind remarks about the changes at the same time. I will not debate the changes now or go back over my remarks. What's done is done. But, evidentally my posts embarrassed him and I'm sorry about that. Combine that with what I understand to be unkind remarks about me and my potential membership in ORG and TRF decided to leave Redszone.

This is not acceptable.

My undertstanding is that TRF is one of the originals of Redszone and if not an original certainly one of the longest serving members. He loves Redszone and has contributed a lot to it. I'm sure many enjoy reading his posts. Any problems that I have with Redszone or vice versa are not important enough to cause TRF to leave. IMO, TRF and Redszone need each other. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where is TRF? Well, I'll tell you...

TRF was a very good poster and member of this site. When he announced he was leaving, many people asked him not to leave and that they enjoyed reading his posts, Boss-Hog included.

I'm hoping he'll return at some point.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Once in awhile we all need to take a break from this place and when we come back we are generally better for it, and so is the board.

I have a feeling TRF will find his way back on his own schedule and he will certaily be welcomed with open arms when he decides to do so.

Thanks for the update HOD, give TRF our best.

GL
    Last edited by gonelong; 07-25-2007 at 05:36 PM.

I was just thinking about TRF yesterday actually. I'd love to see him back.

As I told him the day he said he was leaving, I'm sorry to see him go and hope he decides to come back sooner rather than later.

He said he needs a rest. I think he'll be back but if he has left it needs to be because he wants to, not because of someone else.

Worth The Wait

I should probably keep my mouth shut, BUT...........

I must say that I find the "I am leaving/taking a break from Redszone" threads to be a tad dramatic.

I too, enjoy TRF's posts.

However, I think all of these proclomations about leaving the board, etc... are a bit self-indulgant.

1.This is a baseball message board.
    2. It is a community of sorts.

I think some people get so locked in to #2 that they sometimes forget about #1.

It's funny, I've loved being a member of Redszone since the day I signed up. IMO, nothing has ever changed for me with the board. I can easily ignore bad posters and redundant thoughts and blow them off as being part of the deal with internet message boards. Big deal.

I am truly baffled at the soap-opera-esque production some posters have put on recently. Yet, not even those melodramatic posts have tainted my enjoyment of the board.

I guess I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I should probably keep my mouth shut, BUT...........

I must say that I find the "I am leaving/taking a break from Redszone" threads to be a tad dramatic.

I too, enjoy TRF's posts.

However, I think all of these proclomations about leaving the board, etc... are a bit self-indulgant.

1.This is a baseball message board.
    2. It is a community of sorts.

I think some people get so locked in to #2 that they sometimes forget about #1.

It's funny, I've loved being a member of Redszone since the day I signed up. IMO, nothing has ever changed for me with the board. I can easily ignore bad posters and redundant thoughts and blow them off as being part of the deal with internet message boards. Big deal.

I am truly baffled at the soap-opera-esque production some posters have put on recently. Yet, not even those melodramatic posts have tainted my enjoyment of the board.

I guess I just don't get it.

To be fair, TRF didn't exactly go on a fairwell tour. He announced his intentions basically with a single post in a thread.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Worth The Wait

I didn't mean to direct it at TRF specifically. It just seems like there are a ton of "farewell" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    To be fair, TRF didn't exactly go on a fairwell tour. He announced his intentions basically with a single post in a thread.
    And he left THAT day...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!

A tragedy? C'mon. It's a sports message board. No poster here needs Redszone nor does Redszone need any one person supplying posts. Anybody who feels otherwise needs to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A tragedy? C'mon. It's a sports message board. No poster here needs Redszone nor does Redszone need any one person supplying posts. Anybody who feels otherwise needs to get a life.
    excellent post
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Are you one of those people who doesn't vote because you're "just one vote"?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Are you one of those people who doesn't vote because you're "just one vote"?
    I have no idea what this has to do with anything but since you asked: I definitely vote in my precinct every election, even those obscure ones in August or something. I also vote in almost every poll in the futures section of this forum. So the answer to your question is no, I'm not one of those people.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Some time ago TRF invited me on this board and I joined and enjoyed myself for the most part. After some time and hard work I was awarded with ORG status. It was subsequently taken away in the Great Purge of 2007. TRF nominated me for ORG but I was posting several unkind remarks about the changes at the same time. I will not debate the changes now or go back over my remarks. What's done is done. But, evidentally my posts embarrassed him and I'm sorry about that. Combine that with what I understand to be unkind remarks about me and my potential membership in ORG and TRF decided to leave Redszone.

This is not acceptable.

My undertstanding is that TRF is one of the originals of Redszone and if not an original certainly one of the longest serving members. He loves Redszone and has contributed a lot to it. I'm sure many enjoy reading his posts. Any problems that I have with Redszone or vice versa are not important enough to cause TRF to leave. IMO, TRF and Redszone need each other. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I am asking Redszoners around the world (yes, even you Highlifeman21) to e-mail TRF and let him know that Redszone needs him. Let's right this injustice. TRF can be reached at trfredszone@yahoo.com. He is a legend here and needs to be brought home. Go forth and carry the word!
    Why did I get singled out?

I never had a problem with TRF. Pretty sure he never had a problem with me, either.

Turn Off Ads?