Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How bout those Twinkies

How bout those Twinkies

Twins make the post season for 4th time out of last 5 years. Depth that is what a mid major market team has to have. The next I hope Krivsky doesnt do the Twins thread I see I am going to jump all over the poster
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How bout those Twinkies

What is ironic is they began this run shortly after Bud Selig offered them up for contraction. (In spring of 2002, he still said it was a possibility.)

A team like the Twins or the Reds will need:

A productive farm system supplying the team with a steady stream of cheap but productive players

~3 stud players & ~3 stud pitchers

Cheap vets/cheap free agents to fill in the holes. They CANNOT rely on free agents to fill big needs

Avoid big long term contracts to all but the best of the best ( think J Santana, Pujols, etc ). NOT Sean Casey, Danny Graves, Milton, etc

This Twins team just never gave up, can you imagine if one of our 'aces' in Arroyo or Harang would have gone done not once but twice, similar to Liriano. Geez, this team would have folden literally in half. But when that happened to the Twinkies, they seemed to just use that as some kind of energy or motivational tool to play about ten times the team that they really are. I have to not only give an ovation to Ron Gardenhire here, but a standing ovation to the man, congrats on doing what you have done, Job well done, my friend.

Playoffs 4 out of 5 years.

Give us more of that dreaded "Twins Style Baseball" please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Playoffs 4 out of 5 years.

Give us more of that dreaded "Twins Style Baseball" please.
    Ironically they did not make the playoffs in 2005. Which happened to be the year a lot of the 'experts' had them going to the World Series IIRC.

What exactly is dreaded about Twins style baseball? Isn't it basically great pitching and solid defense?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    This Twins team just never gave up, can you imagine if one of our 'aces' in Arroyo or Harang would have gone done not once but twice, similar to Liriano. Geez, this team would have folden literally in half. But when that happened to the Twinkies, they seemed to just use that as some kind of energy or motivational tool to play about ten times the team that they really are. I have to not only give an ovation to Ron Gardenhire here, but a standing ovation to the man, congrats on doing what you have done, Job well done, my friend.
    They just brought up their ace in the minors, I know Garza hasn't favored well but atleast they were not affraid to pull the trigger. Thinking back im sure the reds are kicking themselves for ending homers season.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    What exactly is dreaded about Twins style baseball? Isn't it basically great pitching and solid defense?
    two outstanding starters and an awesome bullpen had a lot to do with it this year.

There is probably not a single Reds reliever good enough to pitch in the Twins bullpen.

The Twins starting playing well when they cut Tony Batista and traded Juan Castro and inserted Nick Punto and Jason Bartlett into the lineup.

The Reds are stuck with Castro for a few more years and have Royce Clayton playing SS.

Turn Off Ads?