Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Reds Vs Astros 5/10

Re: Reds Vs Astros 5/10

The postgame from C. Trent:

POSTGAME: Bob Castellini came out of the clubhouse before we were let in, he was in a much better mood than when I talked to him earlier today. "Great day," he said. "Nice way to go out before a big road trip."

Jerry was happier said the Brewers will make a slide, so they're not panicing yet.

Also, Weathers was looking for me. He was already talking to the TV guys while we were still talking to Jerry -- but got a couple of minutes where we talked later. He was like, "We're cool, right?" And I assured him we were definitely cool. And that I understood as much as anything, he was taking up for his teammates the other night.

Dunn said he didn't care about the cycle -- he said he was going to make a point of thinking double if he did have a shot at a single there, just to show he didn't care about the cycle. He said, "If you're 4-for-4 with 6 RBIs, who cares what they are?" Said he'd rather have hit another homer than a single.

Junior said that if Dunn had gotten the cycle, he was going to go out and take third base as his momento -- he said he did the same thing when Jay Buhner hit for the cycle.

Also, didn't talk to him, but Mike Stanton sat at his locker ready for anyone to talk to him, just in case. I didn't see anyone take him up on it, but it looked like he was waiting until anyone who wanted to talk to him had that chance before he went to take a shower. Again, that's just how much of a pro he is.

Oh yeah, Jerry said Sunday's starter will probably be Livingston or Dumatrait -- not Homer.

Jerry: "I’m not saying Homer’s out of it, but we’re going to keep him down there for a few more starts. Hopefully he’ll continue to impress. I’m not going to get my hopes up for Homer quite yet. "

2. Turn Off Ads?

Harang stinks on ice right now. He's in Uncle Milty territory with a 5.04 ERA!!!!! Wow! That's depressing, son!

Amazing how well he did last year in a "contract year", ain't it boys?

And Stanton needs to retire yesterday. He's fat, tired and he's well done toast. C ya mikey!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    And in 4 of his 8 starts, he's gone 6 or fewer innings. More stress on the pen; fewer options the next night.

It all adds up. Only a fluke of offense has saved him from complete meltdown.

Three good starts and 5 clunkers. He's simply got to get it going. The season's over, but it'd be nice if he were at least a trade option at the deadline.
    FCB... saw a guy at the game with a shirt that said:

Falls City Beer
    The Outlook Inn

2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Junior's intro "music" for 2x at the plate was the Soul Glo commercial from "Coming to America"...
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Winning is fun.

5 games under, and "some" air is breathed into the team going at west. Gotta start somewhere.

Needless to say, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Stanton shouldn't have even gotten on the plane to go out west. Needless to say, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    FCB... saw a guy at the game with a shirt that said:

Falls City Beer
    The Outlook Inn

Since I can't rep that guy, you're the lucky lady.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Since I can't rep that guy, you're the lucky lady.
    Wish I had my camera with me... really did a double take!

Also, didn't talk to him, but Mike Stanton sat at his locker ready for anyone to talk to him, just in case. I didn't see anyone take him up on it, but it looked like he was waiting until anyone who wanted to talk to him had that chance before he went to take a shower. Again, that's just how much of a pro he is.
    I don't know about the rest of you but I don't give a lick about how much of a pro he is. I just want to see him get batters out. I think Paul Wilson is a Pro but I don't want him on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but I don't give a lick about how much of a pro he is. I just want to see him get batters out. I think Paul Wilson is a Pro but I don't want him on this roster.
    This one gets rep too. It flows like wine.

Stanton shouldn't sit around looking for an interview; he should buy a paper bag and cover his sorry freakin' head.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy P View Post
    Harang stinks on ice right now. He's in Uncle Milty territory with a 5.04 ERA!!!!! Wow! That's depressing, son!

Amazing how well he did last year in a "contract year", ain't it boys?

And Stanton needs to retire yesterday. He's fat, tired and he's well done toast. C ya mikey!
    Yeah, I'll take that stinking 5-1 any day of the week this early in the season.

This one gets rep too. It flows like wine.

Stanton shouldn't sit around looking for an interview; he should buy a paper bag and cover his sorry freakin' head.
    Wait a sec. For EE you are willing to overlook a complete lack of results.

For Harrang, you are only focused on his results.

What's the disconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Wait a sec. For EE you are willing to overlook a complete lack of results.

For Harrang, you are only focused on his results.

What's the disconnect?
    Multi-million dollar ace-designations? 28 years old? Starters have a bigger role and their results are much more important?

(But I wouldn't recommend sending the guy to AAA even if they could do so).
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 05-10-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Multi-million dollar ace-designations? 28 years old? Starters have a bigger role and their results are much more important?

(But I wouldn't recommend sending the guy to AAA even if they could do so).
    Hum, certinally an interesting take.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Hum, certinally an interesting take.
    Look. Eddie needs to improve his game. He just needs to do it at the MLB level.

Look. Eddie needs to improve his game. He just needs to do it at the MLB level.
    You can't put EE out there every day and let him continue to struggle like that. He is costing the team runs and therefore wins. This team can still turn it around this season but if you keep him out there he will drag the team down with him. At some point his teammates are going to start saying " Damn, how hard is it to throw a ball from 3rd to 1st? " and things like that. This just might be the time for the Reds to trade him for some good young bullpen arms. The Reds need relief help and EE needs a new start. It won't be easy for some Reds fans to swallow but it ultimately might be what's best for the team.

Turn Off Ads?