Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Chris Heisey for....

Re: Would you trade Chris Heisey for....

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Reds fans are conditioned for defeat.

major league numbers on one side of scale, AA numbers on the other... does not look good for Todd.

Wait-- let me pour two quarts of Kool-Aid on the AA side. There-- you're right. Todd Frazier rocks.
    Easy with the Beckham fawning. If he could stick at SS I'd agree with you. But even the team that drafted him doesn't think he can. While he has advanced much quicker than Frazier, I believe that's more a result of the organization he's in than anything. The two strike me as similar talents.

Plus, former White Sox 3B prodigy Josh Fields says

White Sox prospects seem to start with a spark and then crash- HARD. Maybe overpromotion has something to do with it?
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-22-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds fans are conditioned for defeat.

major league numbers on one side of scale, AA numbers on the other... does not look good for Todd.

Wait-- let me pour two quarts of Kool-Aid on the AA side. There-- you're right. Todd Frazier rocks.
    Hes had what 150 ABs?
    Last edited by GIDP; 07-22-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Easy with the Beckham fawning.
    better to announce that Reds have 50 strong prospects below the age of 25? please.

If he could stick at SS I'd agree with you. But even the team that drafted him doesn't think he can.
    poor inference. Sox like their SS

How good to you think Beckham is going to be?

better to announce that Reds have 50 strong prospects below the age of 25? please.
    Are you referring to me?

poor inference. Sox like their SS
    Do they though? Looks to me like their SS played 121 games at 2B last season. And their current 2B is OPSing < .700. Beckham is no more a SS than Todd Frazier is. Try again.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    How good to you think Beckham is going to be?
    I don't think that he'll be Chase Utley.

Do they though?.
    yes

yes
    Great explanation.

Here's some actual real evidence to support my point:

From the Tribune less than one month ago:
    Ozzie Guillen still frustrated with Alexei Ramirez
    Shortstop's repeated fielding lapses a problem for Chicago White Sox manager

This is not meant to be a debate over Alexei Ramirez. If Beckham was such a strong fielder and true middle infielder, he'd at least be playing 2B- especially with their $10 Million Man Dayan Viciedo entrenched at 3B in the minors.
    Go BLUE!!!

Sox think that Ramirez will be an impact hitter as a shortstop. it's what they want and it's why he's there. it's not what I'd do, but the Sox are one unique organization that likes things like Ken Griffey as a CFer.

guys pout when you move them for a kid too. fact of life. Joey Votto will hopefully be an exception
    Last edited by princeton; 07-22-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Great explanation.

This is not meant to be a debate over Alexei Ramirez. If Beckham was such a strong fielder and true middle infielder, he'd at least be playing 2B- especially with their $10 Million Man Dayan Viciedo entrenched at 3B in the minors.
    OK, enough with the misinformation. Beckham is playing 3B because Fields had a .650 OPS and can't field worth a lick. At second, Nix is a GG quality fielder. That's it. He was playing SS in the minors. They haven't necessarily moved him there permanently, they're trying to put the best team on the field.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 07-22-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    OK, enough with the misinformation. Beckham is playing 3B because Fields had a .650 OPS and can't field worth a lick. At second, Nix is a GG quality fielder. That's it. He was playing SS in the minors. They haven't necessarily moved him there permanently, they're trying to put the best team on the field.
    I'm not sure what Jayson Nix has to do with Beckham playing 3rd because Chris Getz is their starting 2nd baseman. The sox like Getz better than Fields, that is why Beckham is playing 3rd and not 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Great explanation.

Yes, he has fielding lapses but he is extremely young and raw, and has GG potentional at SS.
    Vicedo isn't going to play 3rd base in the majors. He'll either be in LF, 1B, or DHing.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I like Todd Fraziers future at 3rd much more than I like Beckhams.
    If you massively overrated your teams prospects (and most people do) I can see why you believe this.

Frazier is in his 3rd season in the minors at the age of 23 and is posting an .870 OPS in AA. That's good, but Beckham had 68 ABs in the minors last season, then OPS'd a similar .863 OPS in AA, was promoted to AAA where he expoloded for an 1.127 OPS, and now is posting a .788 OPS in the majors that includes an awful start to his major league career.

There's no possible way anybody could like Todd Frazier's future at 3rd base "much more" than Gordon Beckham. There is absolutely nothing to back that up. Could you say they have similar futures? Maybe, but I'll still give the edge to Beckham.

Oh, and for the record, I like Gordon Beckham but there's no chance I deal EE and Harang for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Then I would rather play Cozart at SS since he can actually play there.
    You can't possibly believe this.
    Last edited by reds44; 07-22-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

You can't possibly believe this.
    I certainly do. Cozart can play defense at a major league level at the shortstop position. Beckham can't.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I certainly do. Cozart can play defense at a major league level at the shortstop position. Beckham can't.
    Beckham can swing the bat at a major league level, Cozart can't.

Beckham could handle SS for the first few years of his career without problem. It's like Jay Bruce in CF.

Would you rather have Juan Castro playing SS instead of Felipe Lopez? I wouldn't.

Turn Off Ads?