Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Re: Would Scott Rolen be more productive this year than Todd Frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    And yet you click. Why? Was someone holding a gun to your head? Or did you just click to complain (troll)?

Maybe you should take a break from clicking on his threads. Crazy idea , I know. ...if you don't like something, you don't engage it.

Because last I checked, this was a discussion forum with the subject matter being the Cincinnati Reds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not nominating this for RedsZone Thread of the Year. But it certainly is a thread I would categorize as appropriate to a Message Board where the Cincinnati Reds are discussed.

Sadly though, There are many people in this world that INSIST the rest of the world be judged by their own yardsticks. And when they don't "measure up," they want it "removed, banned, deleted, punished," etc.

This attitude is a big part of what is wrong with the world today, IMHO. The piling on after the fact takes a close 2nd.
    The premise of the ORG is to be better than the other boards. It is supposed to be elitist! Asking for someone to hold up that standard is asking very little. You conveniently left out the recent list of absurd threads RedTruck has started. In no manner did I suggest any sort of punishment, rather that he stop the almost daily onslaught of ridiculous threads.

I can't stop the Brennamen's from the almost daily idiocy, but I can say something to better my other outlet for Reds discussion and information.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Would Designing Women have been a funnier show if they featured more of the comedy of Meshach Taylor, aka Anthony Bouvier?

Just kidding, we all know the answer to that one is a resounding yes.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The premise of the ORG is to be better than the other boards. It is supposed to be elitist! Asking for someone to hold up that standard is asking very little.
    Said the guy with an avatar of Bob Ross painting "Cubs Suck." (hilarious, by the way)

Yeah, as a lurker, I remember the ORG of old. Dry. As. A. Bone. I will agree that no one wants silly thread after pointless thread. But there are only so many creme de la creme intelligent discussions that can be had.

I submit that the ORG needs a "Which Muppet does Pete Rose most look like nowadays" thread every once in a while.

By the way, if Rolen had a full Spring Training, and stayed healthy... maybe as a late inning sub and PH, who knows how he would have done? Not very well, in my opinion. But who knows for sure? I just don't think it is that "subpar" of a question. Certainly not in the Pete Rose Muppet category.

And anyway... you can be dressed to the nines, but anyone will tell you, a splash of color is what really puts it over the top. "Are you not entertained?"
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-22-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Yeah, as a lurker, I remember the ORG of old. Dry. As. A. Bone.
    You must not have been reading the same board that I was.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

6. Likes:

RedlegJake (05-22-2013)

I submit that the ORG needs a "Which Muppet does Pete Rose most look like nowadays" thread every once in a while.
    I would have no problem with a muppet thread (though it might find a better home in the Arts & Entertainment forum). A thread like that would at least be different than all the others already running and wouldn't depart from a flawed original premise. After all, Pete Rose does look like a muppet, and always has.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I think this is as good a place as any to mention that George Grande's tie is absolutely ludicrous today.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

There actually has been a tad bit of legit baseball conversation on this thread so it will stay open so that may continue.

With regards to the complaints about the "legitimacy" of this threads and threads like it... The goal of this board is to foster baseball discussion in a certain way. I will grant you that often times, knee jerk reactionary threads don't always accomplish that mission and I could do without the tone and tenor of some threads/posts but sometimes something positive comes from such.

If you have a serious problem with a thread or post, report it. The moderating staff can take it from there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I think this is as good a place as any to mention that George Grande's tie is absolutely ludicrous today.
    I'm sorry I missed George's tie, but happy that we ended up on the smiling side of the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I just don't understand the need to pile on a poster who asks a question you think isn't up to your standard. If it really isn't, then ignore it.
    Amen.

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-23-2013)

I love it. Hadn't been on the Redszone in awhile and the first 2 I read are about Cozart and Fraizer stinking and both had nice games today. If that's what it take let me try it. Mesoraco just can't hit, .234 BA and only 2 HRs and the one he hit yesterday wasn't even needed. Just kidding everyone.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    I love it. Hadn't been on the Redszone in awhile and the first 2 I read are about Cozart and Fraizer stinking and both had nice games today. If that's what it take let me try it. Mezoraco just can't hit, .234 BA and only 2 HRs and the one he hit yesterday wasn't even needed. Just kidding everyone.
    It doesn't count unless you start a thread about it.

Then Mes is sure to bust out in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    There actually has been a tad bit of legit baseball conversation on this thread so it will stay open so that may continue.

With regards to the complaints about the "legitimacy" of this threads and threads like it... The goal of this board is to foster baseball discussion in a certain way. I will grant you that often times, knee jerk reactionary threads don't always accomplish that mission and I could do without the tone and tenor of some threads/posts but sometimes something positive comes from such.

If you have a serious problem with a thread or post, report it. The moderating staff can take it from there.
    A little group hazing can keep the moderators lives a little simpler. Get the new guys in line like they are hauling crab pots.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Riddle me this Batman........if RedTruck is not a troll then why come, of the 4 threads that he has started that are on the front page, why does he have exactly one post in each thread - - the opening salvo and then nothing.

That there be classic troll behavior, no?

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

17. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (05-22-2013),LoganBuck (05-22-2013),PuffyPig (05-22-2013),Raisor (05-22-2013),RedEye (05-22-2013),wheels (05-24-2013),Wonderful Monds (05-22-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    ... It was a very hard hit ball and tough play for anyone.
    I recall that in his brief stint with the Reds that a number of Brandon Larson's ABs resulted in an error being charged to an infielder (usually the hot corner). In Larson's case there were some wicked drives that handcuffed the third baseman.

I was pulling for the kid so much and was so disappointed with his failure to stick with the team.

Back then, because of Larson's getting on base via some "too hot to handle" shots, I was considering that getting on base by a fielding error perhaps should not count against a hitter's OBP -- I realize that it's not a base hit, walk or HBP, but the player is on base (and unlike a fielder's choice, no out was made).

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Riddle me this Batman........if RedTruck is not a troll then why come, of the 4 threads that he has started that are on the front page, why does he have exactly one post in each thread - - the opening salvo and then nothing.

That there be classic troll behavior, no?

If RedTruck is not a troll, and he honestly believes what he is posting, then.........no, it is simply not plausible.

Turn Off Ads?