Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Game Selection Thread

Re: All Star Game Selection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    No Bruce, Choo, Bailey, Leake or Latos. Nobody else had a reason to be considered.
    Dang...was really hoping for either Bruce and Choo. Still not impossible, always seem someone pulls out due to "injury".

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Former Reds Edwin Encarnacion and Travis Wood were also named to the squad. First time for both.
    That Travis Wood trade is going to be one big kick in the nuts for the next several years. There's just no denying this.

That said, I understand why Walt made the trade. If Marshall could stay healthy, it would actually be one of those deals that helps both teams. But with Wood taking off (and still being very young) and Marshall habitually hurt, it's looking like Theo fleeced Walt big-time on that one.

Marty took pleasure in Piug (sp?) not being selected, what a jerk!
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Dang...was really hoping for either Bruce and Choo. Still not impossible, always seem someone pulls out due to "injury".
    There's also the fan vote for the "extra" player for each team (presuming they are still doing that).

Final spot to vote. Desmond, Freeman, Adrian Gonzalez, Hunter Pence and Yasiel Puig.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Marty took pleasure in Piug (sp?) not being selected, what a jerk!
    Why do you think Puig is a jerk?

Well, that's all she wrote. How is Bruce not on the "Final 5" over Hunter Pence? Check the stats, kids. Wow.

Really doesn't matter. I'm sure Puig will win that bad boy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Final spot to vote. Desmond, Freeman, Adrian Gonzalez, Hunter Pence and Yasiel Puig.
    Fan vote? Puig will get it.

Bruce got robbed.
    Last edited by New York Red; 07-06-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Why all the outrage over Bruce but no one seems upset that Choo didn't make it?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Hunter Pence makes the final vote but Bruce doesn't? Sheesh.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I think Choo deserves to go before Bruce does, but really both could have gotten in. However, really no crime that neither did. Haven't seen who got in over them, so I'll reserve judgement until then.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    That Travis Wood trade is going to be one big kick in the nuts for the next several years. There's just no denying this.

That said, I understand why Walt made the trade. If Marshall could stay healthy, it would actually be one of those deals that helps both teams. But with Wood taking off (and still being very young) and Marshall habitually hurt, it's looking like Theo fleeced Walt big-time on that one.
    Of course this all gets back to the idea that you shouldn't base a trade based on what happens after, but what happened when it happened. No one expected Wood to be what he was and no one expected Marshall to be injured.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Well, that's all she wrote. How is Bruce not on the "Final 5" over Hunter Pence? Check the stats, kids. Wow.
    Hunter Pence, 123 OPS+.
    Jay Bruce, 118 OPS+.

Not that I believe for a second that is why Pence is there and Bruce isn't, but he probably deserves to be in the conversation.

Tulowitzki is injured. Not sure if he was already replaced with today's selections. If not, there are two other SS on the roster with Segura and Cabrera. Desmond is in the final Vote. No other SS really deserving (maybe Hanley but he's a DH IMO). Possible another position is picked to replace Tulo.

Turn Off Ads?