Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How About That Wind Storm?

Re: How About That Wind Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I saw a bit of ElectricRage yesterday. I was on my way to a farm show at London, Ohio, and was getting ready to turn on to STR 235 north of Quincy. Some lady (and I use the term loosely) had pulled up to the stop sign, and gotten out to air her grievances, across 235 at the entrance to the Pines, a bucket truck was there with a man up in the air, and his spotter on the ground. This woman was shaking her finger at them and looked out of sorts. I had to pull around her parked SUV to turn south on to 235. I shook my head at her, and yelled "Grow Up!" These electric crews have a dangerous job to do and they have no room for error. Leave them alone, they want to be done with the job as much as you want the power to come back on.
    I think people just don't get it. This was a major event, kind of like having a hurricane blow through your town in five hours. If this were a coastal town, these crews would be like heroes.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I saw a bit of ElectricRage yesterday. I was on my way to a farm show at London, Ohio, and was getting ready to turn on to STR 235 north of Quincy. Some lady (and I use the term loosely) had pulled up to the stop sign, and gotten out to air her grievances, across 235 at the entrance to the Pines, a bucket truck was there with a man up in the air, and his spotter on the ground. This woman was shaking her finger at them and looked out of sorts. I had to pull around her parked SUV to turn south on to 235. I shook my head at her, and yelled "Grow Up!" These electric crews have a dangerous job to do and they have no room for error. Leave them alone, they want to be done with the job as much as you want the power to come back on.

Very familiar with the area. I use to live in DeGraff. She probably was from Quincy... and probably just left the Pines and heading for the Tammy Lynn Inn. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Very familiar with the area. I use to live in DeGraff. She probably was from Quincy... and probably just left the Pines and heading for the Tammy Lynn Inn. :
    This was around 10:45am, and the entrance to the Pines from 235 was blocked by a down tree. She probably wanted her fix!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

6 days ..... but I got da POWER!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

The only thing that irritated me was Duke's phone people who insisted we had power all week because their computer said so.

We did not.

Their response: well that puts you at the bottom of the list.

As far as Duke bringing in the cavalry and working very hard on a widespread, multi-faceted outage .... I commend them.

Their phone people could use some skills.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I live just to the east of Houston and just want to say that was one wild ride. I am sure everyone has seen the pictures of the devastation on television, internet or somewhere so I won't ramble on and on. Suffice it to say that I would not wish that on anyone. My house suffered minimal damage. Several large tree branches fell, but luckily none on my house. Many of my neighbors were not so lucky. Since my work has been without power most of the days are filled with clearing debris from people's yards,houses,cars etc. Still no power in my particular neighborhood. But Houston has caught a break with the cool front that came through right after Ike. And to think we were the lucky ones around here. The damage to Galveston and many other coastal communities is unimaginable. I am on a laptop and have to sign off now. Just wanted to say a big thank you to the many parts of the country that have sent ice, water, volunteers and everything else. It's gonna take some time to get back to sense of normalcy, but I can say that everyone down here appreciates the help that has been sent our way.

Thanks again,

Dave

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Goodluck getting everything back to normal down there Dave!

I am feeling pretty crappy up here in Cincinnati still without power, but its nothing compared to what happened down there.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    The only thing that irritated me was Duke's phone people who insisted we had power all week because their computer said so.

We did not.

Their response: well that puts you at the bottom of the list.

As far as Duke bringing in the cavalry and working very hard on a widespread, multi-faceted outage .... I commend them.

Their phone people could use some skills.
    My sister in Pleasant Ridge said her neighbor called on Friday to say their power was still out. The operator told them they'd just received the report the day before. Her neighbor told her that wasn't true because at least two people by them called on Sunday.

My sister still has no power, nor did a friend I saw from North Avondale. Ironically, one street in our neighborhood (Spring Grove Village) has some residents without power. The others? They never lost power. Go figure.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Ironically, one street in our neighborhood (Spring Grove Village) has some residents without power. The others? They never lost power. Go figure.
    Thats how my street is. We had no trees or lines go down. Us 8 middle houses on the street have no power while everyone else has had power the entire time.

Just got my power back.

Guy rolls up in his truck, looks at the transformer. Reached in the back of his truck, pulls out a pole, extends it to about 20 feet. Reaches up and pushed a button. Our power came on and he left. He was on my street a total of 2 minutes. I waited a week for that to happen? Yay I guess.

Just got mine back about ten minutes ago. Whew....
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Turn Off Ads?