Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Scorsese Movie - George Harrison:Living In The Material World

Martin Scorsese Movie - George Harrison:Living In The Material World

I had no idea Scorsese even undertook this project. But it's a two part documentary that premieres on HBO this Wednesday and Thursday night, 10 PM EST.

I don't have HBO, but I guess I'll subscribe just to be able to view it. Who knows if/when it will be on DVD.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/08/23...world-trailer/
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Martin Scorsese Movie - George Harrison:Living In The Material World

my man love for George Harrison knows no bounds.

He was pretty good in Zorro, The Gay Blade.

Dd some further research and found out it will be released on DVD this Monday, Oct 10th.

Also read an article last night, quite laughable, because this writer felt it was somehow breaking news that Harrison did drugs and was a womanizer. I never knew that about rock stars. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The first night of this documentary was a great big Bill Walton.....Very Disappointing.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Dd some further research and found out it will be released on DVD this Monday, Oct 10th.

Also read an article last night, quite laughable, because this writer felt it was somehow breaking news that Harrison did drugs and was a womanizer. I never knew that about rock stars. LOL
    I read that Paul was pretty torn about participating in George's womanizing coming to light. I think his words were, "George loved the things that men love" or some such thing. The stories have been around forever, though.

I honestly like George's post-Beatles work better than any of the others. It just had a different quality to it than music that was being put out by just about anyone else. I'll likely pick this up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post

I honestly like George's post-Beatles work better than any of the others. It just had a different quality to it than music that was being put out by just about anyone else. I'll likely pick this up next week.
    Agreed. They all had some standout songs, but none pulled off an "All Things Must Pass".

Plus George was connected to Monty Python and his company Handmade Films financed one my all time favorite films Time Bandits.

I read that Paul was pretty torn about participating in George's womanizing coming to light. I think his words were, "George loved the things that men love" or some such thing. The stories have been around forever, though.
    All of the Beatles were pretty heavy womanizers. Paul especially. His ex-GF Jane Asher finally said enough is enough. John likened their tours to one big orgy.

I think each ex-Beatle's solo music stands on their own. I'm such a Beatlemaniac though, any of them could have crapped on a piece of vinyl and I would buy it. LOL

Paul, obviously, was the most commercial successful of all of them. He was the master, IMO, of the simple pop song (lyric), while John and George infused more "depth" into their lyrics.

George campaigned heavily to get the song "All Things Must Pass" on the Let it Be album, but to no avail. That turned out for the better because ATMP is simple a phenomenal album. While I have all the ex-Beatle's solo work, I have to admit that George's infusion of spirituality into his music at times wore thin with me. I could only take so much of it.

Finally getting to see McCartney on his recent tour (Cincy) was one of the highlights of my life.

Here comes the sun might be the most perfect pop song ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Here comes the sun might be the most perfect pop song ever made.
    Written in Clapton's garden.

You might enjoy this Phil. Has video clips of several of George's top songs. I especially liked the video of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (his last concert 1992)..... http://thecurvature.com/2008/11/29/t...arrison-songs/

All of the Beatles were pretty heavy womanizers. Paul especially. His ex-GF Jane Asher finally said enough is enough. John likened their tours to one big orgy.

I thought they broke up because Paul died and was replaced by Billy Shears.

Way back when I lived in Sydney a book came out about the Beatles Australian tour minus an ill Ringo that talked about the three Beatles' competition to see who could bed the most women while they were in the country. It had people wondering how many little beatles might be wandering around.

Wild days.

I thought they broke up because Paul died and was replaced by Billy Shears.
    If you really want to see a hilarious movie - and it is on Netflix instant streaming - watch this one....

Paul McCartney is Really Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison

Supposedly, Harrison made a death bed confession that was recorded on audio tape that confirms the Paul is dead rumors. And somehow it was sent to Hollywood, this guy got a hold of it, and made this movie.

I laughed so hard watching this movie, as it regurgitated the old rumors (with some new twists). But what was really hilarious was listening to the voice narrating the movie, which was supposedly George's from the audio tape. Very poor impersonation of his Liverpudlian accent. LOL

And Lennon was assassinated because he was about to go public on Paul's death.

If you really want to see a hilarious movie - and it is on Netflix instant streaming - watch this one....

Paul McCartney is Really Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison

Supposedly, Harrison made a death bed confession that was recorded on audio tape that confirms the Paul is dead rumors. And somehow it was sent to Hollywood, this guy got a hold of it, and made this movie.

I laughed so hard watching this movie, as it regurgitated the old rumors (with some new twists). But what was really hilarious was listening to the voice narrating the movie, which was supposedly George's from the audio tape. Very poor impersonation of his Liverpudlian accent. LOL

And Lennon was assassinated because he was about to go public on Paul's death.

Does the tape end with, "And so I was in truth the last surviving Beatle." (long pause) "Oh, wait a minute...I forgot about Ringo."

Kind of off-topic, but I actually just watched Backbeat for the first time. Not earth-shattering, but it seems to have been a fairly decent portrayal of the Beatles' early years before getting commercial success.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Kind of off-topic, but I actually just watched Backbeat for the first time. Not earth-shattering, but it seems to have been a fairly decent portrayal of the Beatles' early years before getting commercial success.
    I liked it. Those days in Hamburg, as rough and wild as they were, is what tightened the boys up as a band.

I use to have a VHS copy of this movie called "Two of Us", which was a fictional account of what might have gone down between John and Paul during an historic 1976 meeting at the Dakota which took place the day of the famous Saturday Night Live plea to get the group back together. It was worth the watch. Need to find it on DVD.

http://thedeletebin.com/2008/09/15/t...-as-paul-john/

Turn Off Ads?