Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

Re: Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

I shouldn't have called him a punk because I really don't think he is, but it was a punk foul. A nudge would have been just fine as opposed to pushing him into the media section.

2. Turn Off Ads?

X fans cry a little more about it. Holy crap. Lighty got his legs taken out right before the thing with Oden happened and it was a no call. Would have ended the game for OSU if X could make 2 free throws. Then in OT Butler gets tackled right in front of the ref and again no call. X choked and has no one but themselves to blame.

btw, it is just amazing to see the Oden comments considering the beating he took game after game in the Big 10. I don't know that I could keep my cool with what he puts up with game after game.

This foul occurred at the end of the game when they had to foul, and even not seeing it as of yet, the call would be an intentional foul, not a technical, which is rarely called at the end of the game.

Should've been an intentional which would've decided the game, but regardless Xavier crapped their pants down the stretch while Lewis & Conley came up big. If I were an X fan I'd be irate about the non intentional call, but if Cage makes his free throws it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    X fans cry a little more about it. Holy crap. Lighty got his legs taken out right before the thing with Oden happened and it was a no call. Would have ended the game for OSU if X could make 2 free throws. Then in OT Butler gets tackled right in front of the ref and again no call. X choked and has no one but themselves to blame.
    I think it was an intentional foul, but you are correct Xavier had it won. They came apart when they quit running there offense and started taking the air out of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    I'm just incredibly excited that OSU made such an incredible come back. That was quite possibly one of the best games I've ever watched.
    It is definitely up there. A very evenly played game, competitive throughout with plenty of big moments.

By looking at the box score it seems that turnovers were a big negative for OSU, and foul shooting for Xavier - otherwise it was pretty even.

Now if Oden would just stop travelling.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I only heard the OSU radio, but it sounds like David Lighty was fouled and it wasn't called, not sure what the Oden complaint is, but they did not say a thing about it on the radio.
    Yep, they should have called a foul, Lighty was mugged.

Oden's foul was hard but nonetheless X should have made their free throws. Calling him a punk is just sour grapes.

I saw the first 5 minutes and the last 1:30 of regulation. I was called away, on a bovine maternity run, and was stunned that OSU was trailing when I came back. X must have played a whale of a game. Did Hunter foul out too?

Conley and Lewis were just money.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Incredible comeback. Connolly stealing that inbounds pass changed the entire game (that and Cage choking on the free throw line).

Claims of an intentional foul on Oden by X fans and the refs screwing them is pretty lame. Lightly got hammered the play before and should have been on the free throw line anyways (thus screwing OSU). Oden's foul was hard but he went for the ball.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Claims of an intentional foul on Oden by X fans and the refs screwing them is pretty lame.
    I'm not an X fan. When you throw a player 8 feet backwards from a 2 hand push, that's an intentional foul. If that was Oden who was pushed OSU fans would be having a stroke right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Incredible comeback. Connolly stealing that inbounds pass changed the entire game (that and Cage choking on the free throw line).

Claims of an intentional foul on Oden by X fans and the refs screwing them is pretty lame. Lightly got hammered the play before and should have been on the free throw line anyways (thus screwing OSU). Oden's foul was hard but he went for the ball.
    I don't anyone here claiming an intentional foul is a Xavier fan. And there is no way Oden was going for the ball. No way. He was doing what any smart player needed to do - foul to stop the clock.

But he body blocked Cage and sent him 4 to six feet backwards in the air. Literally lifted him off his feet. He was not going for the ball and to say he was, well, I can't even fathom that rational. If it was the other way around I can guarantee you'd be screaming something different.

Xavier lost that game because they went into a "four corners" way too early and left their game plan and because Cage missed that second free throw and Ohio State came up BIG.

But it doesn't change that was an intentional foul and that intentional foul has NOTHING to do with the rest of the game, with Lighty being fouled or not or anything else - regardless what else happened in that game that was still an intentional foul.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I'm not an X fan. When you throw a player 8 feet backwards from a 2 hand push, that's an intentional foul. If that was Oden who was pushed OSU fans would be having a stroke right now.
    You aren't exactly unbiased against OSU either..........
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

"Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

You dont have to be an X fan to hate all that is Ohio State, the way many on this board do. I would never say he was going for the ball, but I dont think you most the time when your trying to stop the clock. I just dont think it was as bad as you guys are making it out to be and to say the "refs screwed X" is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    You dont have to be an X fan to hate all that is Ohio State, the way many on this board do. I would never say he was going for the ball, but I dont think you most the time when your trying to stop the clock. I just dont think it was as bad as you guys are making it out to be and to say the "refs screwed X" is laughable.
    Saying going for the ball might not be the best way to put it but that the foul wasn't malicious it was just hard. An intentional foul call in that situation would have been an awful call. Players decide games not refs and that foul wasn't intentional to the point that X should have been given the win. They had their chance they blew it. Good season see you next year.

ALL fouls to stop the clock are "intentional". The refs should not and don't call intentional fouls at the end of the game. Who wants a game to be decided by an intentional foul? And how many times have we seen players hug another player while "going for the ball". So long as the player has the ball, and the foul is not malicious, they won't make the call at the end of the game, and they usually don't make the call when the player doesn't have the ball.

If it were the other way around, and it happened to OSU, I would still feel that way. It is easy for me to say that now, but it is still true.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Turn Off Ads?