Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati reaction to snow

Retired

Re: Cincinnati reaction to snow

Yippie, another 5-8 inches of snow during the day tomorrow.

I think I'm ready to move to Florida.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post

Except it snows there now, too. Cuba here I come.

Fortunately, I have a paid holiday tomorrow for President's Day so I won't have to deal with any type of work commute.

I am more than ready for spring through. The golf course and softball fields are screaming out to me, and I'm sick of both the cold and the snow.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Fortunately, I have a paid holiday tomorrow for President's Day so I won't have to deal with any type of work commute.

I am more than ready for spring through. The golf course and softball fields are screaming out to me, and I'm sick of both the cold and the snow.
    I have a job interview tomorrow, I already emailed and asked to reschedule. Will probaby cost me the job.

I have a job interview tomorrow, I already emailed and asked to reschedule. Will probaby cost me the job.
    You might have an out if counties in this area start escalating the Levels (as in Level 1, 2 or 3). My company policy is that if your home county is a Level 3 you get to stay home and if Hamilton County (where work is located) is Level 3 the company is closed. Will see what happens between 5-6:30am tomorrow.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Vancouver is trucking in snow from all over the place for the events out there and we just keep getting dumped on along with other areas of the east coast. Anyone else think Mother Nature needs to get her coasts right and get the dang snow out where people actually need it?!? LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Channel 9 is already saying it looks like another biggie next Saturday.

UC decides (notifies) to cancel just after 9am....Indecisions, indecisions...

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    UC decides (notifies) to cancel just after 9am....Indecisions, indecisions...
    I'm glad to see some things never change. Do they still have the two inches of rock salt for every inch of snow policy?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I'm not aware of that, but they did the same thing last Tuesday, IIRC. I was walking on campus around 11am, and someone told me classes after noon were cancelled. I stayed on campus the rest of the day working on stuff, but it seems too many times they just delay the inevitable about cancelling classes and it sucks for those that braved the morning commute.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Vancouver is trucking in snow from all over the place for the events out there and we just keep getting dumped on along with other areas of the east coast. Anyone else think Mother Nature needs to get her coasts right and get the dang snow out where people actually need it?!? LOL
    I had the same thought last night watching the games.

I'm starting to run out of places to put snow. The piles around my driveway, walkways, and patio are pretty high now before this snow. I don't know how much higher I can throw a shovel-full of snow.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 02-15-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I'm glad to see some things never change. Do they still have the two inches of rock salt for every inch of snow policy?
    I remember that. The ground at UC would stay white until May from all the salt.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'm starting to run out of places to put snow. The piles around my driveway, walkways, and patio are pretty high now before this snow. I don't know how much higher I can throw a shovel-full of snow.
    I'm in the same boat. The 2 big piles at the end of my driveway are already about 4 feet high, I'm not sure where I'm going to put another 8+ inches. The bushes in the front of my house, which are about 4-5 feet tall, are almost bent over and laying on the ground because of all the snow.

I am sick and tired of shoveling, bring on spring.

Did they reschedule your interview for today?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

What is the cost of living like in Florida or Arizona?

Turn Off Ads?