Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What should happen in next 24 hours

What should happen in next 24 hours

1. Reds need to trade Aaron Harang to any team willing to take most of his salary and hope to get a young lefty starting pitcher or a legit SS.

2. Then trade Francisco Cordero to someone who is a contender and needs a closer badly, i.e. phillies (lidge is terrible) and hopefully get which every position u didnt get in the harang deal and maybe try 2 get a catcher

3. Trade EdE and some mid-level prospects for Scott Rolen. The guy wants to play here, always has, and has a better glove and a better bat right now. Also gives Frazier one more year of seasoning and maybe some spot starts at the big league level so he isn't rushed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What should happen in next 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    1. Reds need to trade Aaron Harang to any team willing to take most of his salary and hope to get a young lefty starting pitcher or a legit SS.

2. Then trade Francisco Cordero to someone who is a contender and needs a closer badly, i.e. phillies (lidge is terrible) and hopefully get which every position u didnt get in the harang deal and maybe try 2 get a catcher

3. Trade EdE and some mid-level prospects for Scott Rolen. The guy wants to play here, always has, and has a better glove and a better bat right now. Also gives Frazier one more year of seasoning and maybe some spot starts at the big league level so he isn't rushed.
    OK OK OK OK we KNOW your theories on what the reds should be doing, you have only stated them 100 times in 100 different threads, sorry for jumping on you but you keep creating the same threads talking about the same thing.

The Reds have backed off rolen anyways according to peter gammons.

Quote Originally Posted by juvey21 View Post
    And we all know the great Peter Gammons has never been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by juvey21 View Post
    i certainly hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Nati Nole View Post
    And we all know the great Peter Gammons has never been wrong.
    The Hal McCoy of ESPN.

I predict nothing will be done due to the Reds overvalue there players and asking other clubs pay for salary of the in coming players to the Reds are receving. Typically Losing mind is my belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan View Post
    I predict nothing will be done due to the Reds overvalue there players and asking other clubs pay for salary of the in coming players to the Reds are receving. Typically Losing mind is my belief.
    And to add to that --- you need a team to trade with. It's easy to make those deals in fantasy baseball, but other team have to want our players. Ask yourself, honestly, who would want Harang right now (and don't say Dusty and Walt, he's already here they don't have a choice)? I put Arroyo in that camp as well.

Cordero and Rhodes and maybe Weathers are the only tradeable parts (w/o giving up Votto, Phillips, and all the others that we don't want them to trade off) and with Cordero's salary, he may not be that tradeable.

It's easy to bang on Walt because no trades are happening, but, again it takes two teams to make a trade and our tradeable parts may not be all that tradeable.

It's easy to bang on Walt because no trades are happening, but, again it takes two teams to make a trade and our tradeable parts may not be all that tradeable.

Yes, and there lies the problem. What does it say about your team when no other teams want your tradeable parts?

And if no trades are made Cincinnati basically starts again in 2010 with the same cast of characters. We know the Reds aren't going to make any big free agent signings. We saw this last winter when Walt said a big RH bat was priority number one and yet he failed to sign any of the available candidates.
    I would guess the same will hold true this off-season.

How much help can the Reds realistically expect from the minors? I do not see this club riding a 2010 tsunami of talent to the playoffs.

Injuries have hurt this club in 2009. But I don't think injuries have crippled it. Besides, all teams have injury problems to some extent. A team has to factor in some injuries.

So what is there to expect next season if the Reds aren't gonna add players through free agency, they can't trade for help and the farm system isn't riding to the rescue?

Better luck with injuries and improvement of the youngsters through experience. And a run at being a .500 team. Yay!

The playoffs will have to wait and wait and wait.

Turn Off Ads?