Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dunn to Padres for good pitching prospects....[trade idea]

Dunn to Padres for good pitching prospects....[trade idea]

That is my prediction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn to Padres for good pitching prospects......

Padres win the NL West without Dunn....that's my perdiction

May want to clarify that on the thread.

just one problem, the pads have a terible system and there one and only good pitching prospect(cesar carrillo)is out for the season.

maybe we could get germano back

seriously, I don't see Dunn going to the Padres. With a Park that big and pitcher friendly, I believe his strike outs will hurt the team more.

Senor Votto

Thanks for such a misleading thread title. That scared me earlier.

Re: Dunn to Padres for good pitching prospects....[trade idea]

I would love to see the Reds make a play for Erik Bedard of Baltimore. I don't know what it would take to get him, but I believe he has the talent to be among the best in baseball.

Dunn's value may be a bit higher in Houston or Arlington. Maybe the Reds should look there if they want to unload Dunner.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I just don't see ANYONE trading good, top of the rotation pitching prospects for Adam Dunn. Rarely will an organization trade an impact starter for an impact bat, let alone an impact bat that may be just a rental who is on pace to strike out 215 times. I hope I'm wrong if we do trade him, but I don't think it happens.

Well this could be the Padres year. They may just have the pitching to take them series and Dunn would be the perfect bat to solidify that offense. He always seems to hit well at Petco. With Dunn, they could potentially be the most complete in the NL.
    What kind of prospects might they bring to the table?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I have a feeling if we trade Dunn to San Diego, Linebrink would be involved. Along with maybe a prospect or two, I'm not very familiar with the Pads' system though.

According to Baseball America Prospect Handbook San Diego is 29th for farm system. They have listed 3 pitchers in their top ten.

2. Cesar Carrillo RHP
    9. Jared Wells RHP
    10. Cesar Ramos LHP

I just don't see it being with the padres. Linerink would be good, but would they do that?

If Dunn goes maybe it would be the AL for DH duties?

Talkin' Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by nw_ohio_fan View Post

I just don't see it being with the padres. Linerink would be good, but would they do that?

If Dunn goes maybe it would be the AL for DH duties?

Linebrink is slated to be a free agent after this year and will probably be looking for a closer gig. He would not likely stick with the Reds even if they made that deal.

Big Time Red's Fan

Don't know if this has been posted so here it is

Per Rotoworld:

"According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Padres are eyeing Adam Dunn as they seek to add another power bat.
    The article mentions Clay Hensley as one option to go to Cincinnati in a potential deal. The Padres would be reluctant to move the right-hander, even if he's out of the rotation right now, but they'd probably have to in order to have any chance of getting a deal done. Scott Linebrink isn't going to be attractive if the Reds decide to give up on the season, and most of the Padres' prospects are low-upside guys. There's been no indication yet that the Padres and Reds have discussed Dunn this year.
    Source: FOXSports.com"

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I just don't see ANYONE trading good, top of the rotation pitching prospects for Adam Dunn. Rarely will an organization trade an impact starter for an impact bat, let alone an impact bat that may be just a rental who is on pace to strike out 215 times. I hope I'm wrong if we do trade him, but I don't think it happens.
    The Angels may think on it for guys like Adenhart etc due to the fact they have a loaded sytem plus a few of those kids are rotting on the vine aka Saunders and wood etc.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    The Angels may think on it for guys like Adenhart etc due to the fact they have a loaded sytem plus a few of those kids are rotting on the vine aka Saunders and wood etc.

Saunders --> I love that kid. You're absolutely right he's rotting on the vine. The guy has done nothing but pitch well every time he's been given a chance, and he keeps getting shipped back to the minors. I would *love* for the Reds to get ahold of him.

Turn Off Ads?