Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bruce to AAA?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Bruce to AAA?

JF said something smart about baseball. Wow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    They are claiming its just because the Bats need players.... but for position players I don't see many teams doing this with players like Jay Bruce. And when I say many teams, I mean any.

I don't know if I buy the entire thing. If Jay goes up there for lets say 6 or 7 games and hits .300 with a HR or two and plays solid, then I think the Reds will actually keep him there.

Just my guess.

Ya. Remember when Kearns was brought up to the majors for a cup of coffee and he played so well he became the favorite for ROY before getting injured.

I love the idea of challenging your best young players .Jay Bruce was terrible his 1st game at Chattanooga 0 for 5 striking out 4 times. But adjusted quickly and hit .361 22/61 in the next 15 games. With 7 -2b's , a triple , 4 homers and 15 rbi's.

Its nice as a Reds fans to be excited over top rated prospects finally starting to come thru the farm system again. Bailey, Votto , Bruce and Cueto plus many others finally give us hope for a supply of quality homegrown talent making its way to Great American Ballpark.

I hope Jay goes up there and dominates and forces the Reds to keep him in Louisville. What a phenominal year by Jay Bruce, he could be the favorite to win the Baseball America Player of the Year at this point.

GREAT NEWS!!!! cant wait too see how he does...you can play at the major leauge level at a young age just ask Junior, Robin Yount or Andruw Jones

Very odd tonight Jay Bruce is starting hitting 6th playing centerfield but Joey Votto isn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00 View Post
    Very odd tonight Jay Bruce is starting hitting 6th playing centerfield but Joey Votto isn't playing.
    He played in the AAA All-Star game last night in New Mexico, so their probably just giving him a day of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    He played in the AAA All-Star game last night in New Mexico, so their probably just giving him a day of rest.
    my guess as well

I smelled this the other day when I asked in another thread if they'd move him to Louisville if they called up Votto. If he struggles, they can frame it as a temporary thing to give him a taste and help the Bats' depth woes. If he holds his own though, I think you'll see him there for the rest of the season.

I think the powers-that-be are going to give him every opportunity to win a job outright in ST next year and unless he shows he's nowhere near ready, I expect Jay to be a starter in the Cincy outfield no later than the trade deadline next year.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-12-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

For the record, I dig this move.

If AA pitching isn't challenging Bruce, then he needs to play to a level that forces him to refine his game and make adjustments. He's never going to learn if he can rake everything he sees.

Having said that, he should stop here from the remainder of the season. Let him see the same teams once or twice at AAA to see how he handles things. If he continues to obliterate the baseball, then talk about him becoming a big leaguer out of spring training next year.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?