Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball - 6th edition

Lol, you're blinded by your love for this man.

I'm sure there are plenty of Kentucky fans that would agree that this guy is a snake.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post

I'm sure there are plenty of Kentucky fans that would agree that this guy is a snake.

You think he's a snake, fine. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Just don't go spreading lies about how the T. Jones saga went down when all the parties involved have now told the same story.

Is that what you are? A UK fan who thinks Cal is a snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post

Does it really matter what anyone says to you about this?

Because this smells like troll behavior.

Romar said everything was above board. Said it last week, in fact, for all the world to read.

I suggest you read up on the facts before trolling. There are a ton of things you can dog the University of Kentucky for-- a team that is among the most penalized in NCAA history, a boorish fanbase, and a penchant for poo-poohing other team accomplishments among them-- but do the research first.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Does it really matter what anyone says to you about this?

Because this smells like troll behavior.

Romar said everything was above board. Said it last week, in fact, for all the world to read.

I suggest you read up on the facts before trolling. There are a ton of things you can dog the University of Kentucky for-- a team that is among the most penalized in NCAA history, a boorish fanbase, and a penchant for poo-poohing other team accomplishments among them-- but do the research first.
    Meh, your 'facts' aren't much better really. Same amount as Kansas and UCLA. Funny how you never hear about those two schools being 'historically dirty.'

And your other two 'reasons' are purely opinion-based rationale.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-24-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What about DeAndre Liggings?? Best on-ball defender in the nation?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Meh, your 'facts' aren't much better really. Same amount as Kansas and UCLA.

And your other two 'reasons' are purely opinion-based rationale.
    Tied for ninth all-time would, by its very definition, be "among the most penalized in NCAA history," would it not?

Tied for ninth all-time would, by its very definition, be "among the most penalized in NCAA history," would it not?
    And one of two men's basketball programs (and five overall) to receive the "death penalty."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)

Last night was actually the first time I've really gotten to watch the team this year. Went to bed at half time. Ugly game.

Just some observations... Brandon Knight is very sloppy. Just 5 turnovers, but it seemed like all of them weren't even forced or pressured... just him losing control of the ball. Obviously his shot was terrible last night... I'm sure I just caught a bad game, but he didn't look that great. Again, I'm not using one game to form my whole opinion.

Lamb looked sloppy too... 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.. all of which were him not paying attention or not being focused. He is a pretty skinny dude too. I think he will be at UK for all 4 years. (but again, its too early to tell, just my random 2 cents)

Liggins is a good defender, but Kemba was just too fast and too good for him. Also, why does he have the green light to shoot so much? We need to use him as a role player / hustle guy... not a #1 option. I'm exaggerating, but I don't think theres a need for him to drive to the hoop every play. He is pretty terrible at finishing.

Enough of the negatives.... Terrance Jones is crazy good. Wow. Last night made me really wish we had Kanter to go along with him. So athletic... can drain 3s. He looked like a future top 5 pick last night.

Vargas actually didn't look too bad either. Solid. I think we'll survive this year with him coming off the bench. As long as Harrelson rebounds and plays his game, we'll be fine at the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Last night was actually the first time I've really gotten to watch the team this year. Went to bed at half time. Ugly game.

Just some observations... Brandon Knight is very sloppy. Just 5 turnovers, but it seemed like all of them weren't even forced or pressured... just him losing control of the ball. Obviously his shot was terrible last night... I'm sure I just caught a bad game, but he didn't look that great. Again, I'm not using one game to form my whole opinion.

Lamb looked sloppy too... 2 turnovers and 3 fouls.. all of which were him not paying attention or not being focused. He is a pretty skinny dude too. I think he will be at UK for all 4 years. (but again, its too early to tell, just my random 2 cents)

Liggins is a good defender, but Kemba was just too fast and too good for him. Also, why does he have the green light to shoot so much? We need to use him as a role player / hustle guy... not a #1 option. I'm exaggerating, but I don't think theres a need for him to drive to the hoop every play. He is pretty terrible at finishing.

Enough of the negatives.... Terrance Jones is crazy good. Wow. Last night made me really wish we had Kanter to go along with him. So athletic... can drain 3s. He looked like a future top 5 pick last night.

Vargas actually didn't look too bad either. Solid. I think we'll survive this year with him coming off the bench. As long as Harrelson rebounds and plays his game, we'll be fine at the 5.
    This team is deeper than last year's team, but they do play more like freshmen than the group last year did most of the time.

Physically, Jones is a freak. He just can't fall too much in love with the 3-pointer like he started to on Wednesday, or he'll lose the incredible match-up advantages he has offensively. Clearly though, Kentucky runs through him. When he left the floor, everything fell apart.

Agree about Brandon Knight. He's very talented but sometimes plays out of control. The shot selection for Kentucky as a whole is highly questionable.

I think this team will be very good come March, but assuming Kanter isn't reinstated (a pretty good bet), it's a team that needs to keep Jones on the floor and will still have some vulnerabilities (lack of a true post presence and decision-making).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    This team is deeper than last year's team,
    Not a chance.

Last year's team had Dodson, Liggins, Orton, Harris, Stevenson and sometimes Harrelson, coming off the bench.

This year you have Lamb, Vargas, and Hood, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

I've seen a few of their games this year and I can assure you Knight is much better than he played last night. I think he's right there with Kyrie Irving.

Kemba Walker is ridiculous though. I didn't see the game against Mich. St but I was very impressed with what he did against UK.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Definitely Knight's worst game. He will learn from this.

2-1 in Maui isn't bad considering our youth.

UK is paper thin... not sure how one could conclude last years team was thinner...

The defense was what disappointed me the most last night.

This team has lots of room for improvement...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Not a chance.

Last year's team had Dodson, Liggins, Orton, Harris, Stevenson and sometimes Harrelson, coming off the bench.

This year you have Lamb, Vargas, and Hood, sometimes.
    I wasn't speaking in terms of bodies, but truthfully, as a personal preference, I like Lamb & Vargas better than any of the guys they had last year. I know Orton was a high draft pick, but I'm pretty big on Lamb & Vargas.

I should have done more to state it was a preference, but I like their 7-man rotation. I agree last year had more players to use at any given time.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Ouch, rough game for my wildcats last night. We played hard but we were pretty much ran off the floor by an unranked team.

You seemed to imply that UK somehow stands alone. As the facts show, they're on the list but hardly extraordinary when compared to the rest of the NCAA. (TIED WITH KANSAS AND MEDIA DARLING UCLA)

And oh yeah, UK got the death penalty 60 years ago.

Your post degrading UK and its fans read like the rantings of a UL fan, honestly.

(LOL or maybe just a Topper with an inferiority complex. )

Turn Off Ads?