Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nationals sign Bray

-The Insider-

Nationals sign Bray

Washington Nationals have signed left-handed pitcher Bill Bray to a minor league contract.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nationals sign Bray

The Trade has truly gone full circle.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Trade has truly gone full circle.
    Doesn't this mean (by Redszone standards), that the Nationals have "won the trade"

I'm refering to a post awhile ago when the Reds resigned Stevens? the guy they traded for Phillips..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Doesn't this mean (by Redszone standards), that the Nationals have "won the trade"

I'm refering to a post awhile ago when the Reds resigned Stevens? the guy they traded for Phillips..
    Unless the Reds sign Austin Kearns as a free agent...
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Unless the Reds sign Austin Kearns as a free agent...
    That's true.. then the trade gets moved back into "Too early to tell" status

Actually, is Daryll Thompson out of baseball yet? He's still technically a wild card in deciding who wins or not
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    That's true.. then the trade gets moved back into "Too early to tell" status

Actually, is Daryll Thompson out of baseball yet? He's still technically a wild card in deciding who wins or not
    Off the top of my head DT was released by Minnesota during the season. Not sure what happened after.

Sorry to say this, but further proof the trade was a disaster. Even though FeLo and Kearns proved to be a bust, so did Majewski and Bray. It all cancels out, kind of like the Volquez for Hamilton trade...oh wait. I'm just glad, for all his faults that Walt is the GM now.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Crazy. For all of the controversy, The Trade seems to have been almost a complete wash. None of it worked out for anyone. Amazing.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Crazy. For all of the controversy, The Trade seems to have been almost a complete wash. None of it worked out for anyone. Amazing.
    Yeah. It appears that way. No one in that trade amounted to a warm pitcher of spit. So much for the praise and hand wringing at the time.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

The Trade saved the Reds several million dollars and resulted in extending Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo. And let's not ignore the fact that Bray had a couple solid years. Meanwhile, FeLo and Kearns haven't done much. It hurt the team in 2006 but has helped them ever since.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The Trade saved the Reds several million dollars and resulted in extending Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo. And let's not ignore the fact that Bray had a couple solid years. Meanwhile, FeLo and Kearns haven't done much. It hurt the team in 2006 but has helped them ever since.
    Let THE OBVIOUS be said, let THE OBVIOUS be done. The naysayers, the "I do not care the REDS were wrong crowd"... let them read the above-statement. Chew on it for a bit. Then try to say with a straight face that the REDS got the short-end or that the Nats came out ahead or even that it was a wash. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Three words are all I need. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for what? Go ahead and google up the stats of your fav players AK and FeLo. But wait... the REDS could have gotten so much more talent for these two MILLIONS OF DOLLARS players (one that the Nats released lol). Prove it.

And to the "hurt them in 2006"? It makes me think of a famous Ralph Kiner story. Ralph played for ther woeful Pittsburgh Pirates in the late 1940s and early 1950s. After Ralph won his 7th consecutive HR title he asked for a salary raise. GM Branch Rickey responded to Ralph's request with, "We finished in 8th place with you, we can finish in 8th place without you." The REDS were 4 GB of the Cardinals when the trade happened (7-13-2006)... 5 weeks later they were tied for 1st place (8-24-2006).

Turn Off Ads?