Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: What inspired your avatar?

Re: What inspired your avatar?

My avatar was inspired by my unconditional love for the best baseball team on the planet! I grew up in Cincy, but moved away to go to college. Now I'm surrounded by Phillies fans...yuck! Everywhere I go I see people wearing this other, less desirable red cap with an ugly "P" on it. :P

I decided that I needed to represent the one and only, true Red team here in the City of Brotherly Love and parts of South Jersey. My roommate said I was crazy because apparently people around here are big meanies and like to beat up people who wear other team's apparel. Bring it on! I went online and ordered a brand new Reds cap and it just came in the mail the other day. So happy!

And that is the story of my avatar inspiration.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nice selfie

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I chose mine just cuz I've always liked Jonathan Broxton.

/I kid
    //But seriously, he's huge
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Redsgirl View Post
    And thank God for that!
    Last edited by WildcatFan; 09-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Manny Trillo, who was a favorite non-Reds player of mine as a kid, in his final baseball card appearance in the 1989 Bowman set. One of my favorite players finally joined my favorite team, and all was right with the world... for 17 games and 8 hits.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I did an image search on Yahoo and found this patch that someone had sold on eBay. I copped the image because it was a nice vintage Reds patch.
    Six years later and I'm still using it. Wish I could have bought the patch.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Mine's pretty obvious. I always liked Nuxhall better than Marty, so he inspired my screen name and avatar.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I always thought it was cool that Will McEnaney pitched to get the final three outs of the 1975 and 1976 World Series. My avatar shows him after we won the 76 Series.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I ran across my avatar when it was being used by another poster. I asked for permission to use it (because I thought it was cool and unique) and they said yes. Haven't changed it since.

Mine should speak for itself.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Redsgirl View Post
    My avatar was inspired by my unconditional love for the best baseball team on the planet! I grew up in Cincy, but moved away to go to college. Now I'm surrounded by Phillies fans...yuck! Everywhere I go I see people wearing this other, less desirable red cap with an ugly "P" on it. :P

I decided that I needed to represent the one and only, true Red team here in the City of Brotherly Love and parts of South Jersey. My roommate said I was crazy because apparently people around here are big meanies and like to beat up people who wear other team's apparel. Bring it on! I went online and ordered a brand new Reds cap and it just came in the mail the other day. So happy!

Thought that was a picture of Megan Fox, at first, as I scrolled down the page.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but I can't help but wonder if there are confusing nonsensical posts in here because the people who wrote them have since changed their avatars.

Oh, and puppy love, of course.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I decided to go ahead and make my avatar the same on every site I post on (except FB), and since my old one (Jay Bruce from the 2006 MWL All Star game) wouldn't really translate well, I made the switch to an image of me from last year at some sports bar.

Redsgirl,
    If you dated a Phillies fan, I have a hunch he would convert to a Reds fan. Hang in there at Philly and best wishes in college.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I decided to go ahead and make my avatar the same on every site I post on (except FB), and since my old one (Jay Bruce from the 2006 MWL All Star game) wouldn't really translate well, I made the switch to an image of me from last year at some sports bar.
    Your avi is mesmerizing.

Out of curiosity, what other sites do you post on?

Turn Off Ads?