Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joe Torre's daughter saves a baby's life

Joe Torre's daughter saves a baby's life

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Torre's daughter saves a baby's life

very cool, thanks for sharing

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I am not a parent. However, charging the parents with reckless endangerment? From what I understand of toddlers, they go everywhere. I know zero of the background info on the family, but assuming nothing is amiss, seems extreme for what was very likely an accident.

Yep, you read stories of toddlers diving off of 2nd-story fire escapes every day. Local tv news doesn't even cover it anymore because it is so commonplace. Poor parents.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Yep, you read stories of toddlers diving off of 2nd-story fire escapes every day. Local tv news doesn't even cover it anymore because it is so commonplace. Poor parents.
    It's that prevalent? I haven't lived in the city for awhile. It's not unbelievable. Open window because its hot with the kid sitting with whatever toy in the living room. Walk to the kitchen to answer the phone, then check on the roast in the oven, come back 2 minutes later and Torre's daughter saves your kids life. It's plausible.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I am not a parent. However, charging the parents with reckless endangerment? From what I understand of toddlers, they go everywhere. I know zero of the background info on the family, but assuming nothing is amiss, seems extreme for what was very likely an accident.
    No, it's right to charge them. Off the ground floor and you leave a window open without a screen in it? That's some clueless parenting.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    No, it's right to charge them. Off the ground floor and you leave a window open without a screen in it? That's some clueless parenting.
    And led to the Clapton song "Tears in Heaven".

Turn Off Ads?