Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cincinnati's Best

Re: Cincinnati's Best

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Since you're high school students you might consider eating at these lunch places:

Javier's is a Mexican restaurant sort of like a Chipotle (from what I've heard)

All of those places are very inexpensive.
    Javier is my neighbor and his restaurant just across from the library's southeast corner (catty-corner from St. Louis Church) is very affordable. He'll make the big burritos like Chipotle does, but you can also get a quesadilla, salads. He makes a great Mexican lasagna with tortillas, black beans & chicken. He has a daily burrito special with different types - one day is a breaded cod burrito (which I love with guacamole and a chipotle mayo); another day has a burrito with chorizzo sausage and shrimp.

He's only open during the day right now, but is planning on opening some evenings with salsa dancing, but I haven't heard when that will come.

Good guy who serves good food. We'll probably eat there Opening Day.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Go to Zips if you want a great burger.
    Deweys if you want a great pizza.
    Aglamesis if you want great ice cream.
    Deweys and Aglamesis are a block apart in Oakley.

Of course, there is Graeters Ice Cream. And the best shop is in Clifton, just a block from the best Skyline in town.

Now- you really want something Cincinnati? Go to Price Hill Chili. Have Goetta and eggs.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Go to Zips if you want a great burger.
    Deweys if you want a great pizza.
    Aglamesis if you want great ice cream.
    Deweys and Aglamesis are a block apart in Oakley.

Of course, there is Graeters Ice Cream. And the best shop is in Clifton, just a block from the best Skyline in town.

Now- you really want something Cincinnati? Go to Price Hill Chili. Have Goetta and eggs.
    Habits, which is in between Deweys and Aglamesis in Oakley, has very good burgers too. I like that place a lot. Good beer selection too. However, Graeter's is much better ice cream than Ag's in my opinion.

I had Zip's last night, again. I tried the girth burger for the first time. It was great. I would definitely recommend Zip's to anyone looking for a good hole-in-the-wall burger.

I agree about Nicholson's as well. Very good food. They have the best fish and chips that I've ever had, including England.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Best pizza - Pomodori's
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Best cheap breakfast in town? The Blue Jay Restaurant on Hamilton Avenue in Northside - two eggs, meat and hash browns for $5.00, add a drink and you're in and out for about $8.00 at worst with a tip. And they've got goetta too!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Best pizza - Pomodori's
    I lived on Lyon street in college. I ate lunch there just about every day, back when you could could get a couple slices for $2.

Two more recommendations- Camp Washington Chili, if you want the absolute best there is and the Anchor Grill in Covington. Do both places in the same day and you won't need to eat for a few days.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

IMO, some of Cincinnati's "bests"

Code:
    Burger				Pizza			Ice Cream	
    Zip's				Pomodori		Graeter's
    Main Street Cafe		Dewey's		        Aglamesis
    Mt. Adams Bar & Grill		Adriatico's		P J's Ice Cream Shop
    Hathaway's			Ramundo's		
    Sonic				Blue Wolf Bistro
    Longworth's			Fred & Gari's

Deli				BBQ			Mexican
    Myra's Dionysus		        Montgomery Inn		Taco Casa
    Izzy Kadetz			Allyn's			Carol's Corner Cafe
    Dilly Deli			Burbank's		Cancun
    Sophia's			Big Art's		Chipotle
    				Barbecue Revue		Cactus Pear
    				Walt's			Javier's
    				Ike's
    				City BBQ

where is this Zips place?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Mt. Lookout Square

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    http://www.zipscafe.com/

It's approximately six miles from GABP, most of it on US 50, so it's not a bad drive.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post

He's only open during the day right now, but is planning on opening some evenings with salsa dancing, but I haven't heard when that will come.

I can't remember if it was Javier's or Mythos but I thought I heard he was in pursuit of a liquor license which would allow him to have more evening hours. Maybe that was Mythos though. Unfortunately, I haven't been to Javier's yet but it is definately next on my list especially after hearing your recommendations..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Mt. Lookout Square
    Love the square... had a friend who lived on Delta Ave and another who lived right in the square, one of my best buddies meat his wife at Millions... back in the Ice Age.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Love the square... had a friend who lived on Delta Ave and another who lived right in the square, one of my best buddies meat his wife at Millions... back in the Ice Age.
    If they put a better ice cream joint somewhere in the square than UDF, then Mt. Lookout Square might very well quite possibly be one of the best "communities" in Cincinnati.

Zip's, the awesome hobby store next to Zip's, Mt. Lookout Tavern, the movie theather where you can have a sit down dinner (Cinema Grill, IIRC?). Even UDF isn't all that bad, but it's not Aglamesis or Graeters. All the square is missing is a legitimate grocery store.

Now if it only had more parking....

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I really like Zip's too. Get chili, with a burger and onion rings and you are in for a good meal. Graeter's is fantastic ice cream too. I would give both a shot.

Turn Off Ads?