Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lebron saga

Re: The Lebron saga

I have to think the fact that he's announcing it on ESPN is good news for Cleveland fans. I can't imagine that he'd do something like this and announce he's leaving, that would be a big "suck it" to Cavs fans everywhere.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

ESPN reporting Bosh and Wade are going to play in Miami, so unless LeBron goes there as well, say hello to 5 more years of no championships...

So I guess the ESPN basketball reporters can take the next 2 days off, since they won't be breaking any big news...

His hour long special is a joke. It would be awesome if no one watched it until the last 2 minutes, since the first 58 will be the media fawning over him and commericials...

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    His hour long special is a joke. It would be awesome if no one watched it until the last 2 minutes, since the first 58 will be the media fawning over him and commericials...
    I agree.
    I hope in the final two minutes of his "special" LeBron walks out with Brett Favre and Tiger Woods and the trio then announces they are going to play the PGA, NFL and NBA seasons together.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

From NY Daily News reporter Frank Isola via Twitter:

Sources: LeBron’s decision to be based on which team’s bench players create most insufferable dance routine during player introductions.
    At this point, where this process has gone completely over to the ridiculous, it actually makes sense even though this is a joke.

A 1-hour special ... really. Get over yourself LeBron.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    From NY Daily News reporter Frank Isola via Twitter:

At this point, where this process has gone completely over to the ridiculous, it actually makes sense even though this is a joke.

A 1-hour special ... really. Get over yourself LeBron.
    He's doing this to try and help Cleveland recruit other guys. This is a PR stunt that if he were going to NY (Amare), Chicago (Rose) or Miami (Wade/Bosh) wouldn't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

He is giving Joey Votto pointers ion how to handle his FA tour in a few years.

Is this going to be like an After School Special? Where we all learn a lesson in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    He's doing this to try and help Cleveland recruit other guys. This is a PR stunt that if he were going to NY (Amare), Chicago (Rose) or Miami (Wade/Bosh) wouldn't need.
    He's doing it to help Lebron, Inc.

Nothing else. It's ego.

Lance just tweeted that Miami is the favorite to land Lebron's services.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Makes sense. Based on how LeBron played down the stretch in the playoffs, he need a guy like Wade to carry him.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Makes sense. Based on how LeBron played down the stretch in the playoffs, he need a guy like Wade to carry him.
    I said it before and I'll say it again. I would be shocked if LeBron went somewhere that he would be considered Scottie Pippen.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

LOL... Really?

Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now. No way is he 'Pippen' to Wade. I guess you just can't look past your dislike/hatred for him to realize how good he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    LOL... Really?

Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now. No way is he 'Pippen' to Wade. I guess you just can't look past your dislike/hatred for him to realize how good he really is.
    Hate him? I may actually be rooting for him if he decides to go to the Knicks.

But I still think this whole Free Agency 2010 thing, which will culminate with a 1-hour special on the news channel that's supposed to be reporting the news, not making the news, is ridiculous.
    Last edited by NJReds; 07-07-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post

Well, if anyone would know, it'd be Lance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

ESPN asked Lebron for the special. All profits are going to the Boy's and Girls Club of America... but yeah, what an egomaniac.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    LOL... Really?

Wow, that is the oddest way I've ever seen Kobe spelled.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?