Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    RE: Hell on Wheels

Totally agree, with Dabvu. This show should have been a homerun. Instead it is a steaming pile.
    I learned not to trust AMC anymore after The Killing, which I hung with way too long under the assumption AMC created Mad Men and Breaking Bad, so how could it be so terrible? I'll never watch another AMC show until it's been on a season or two with critical acclaim.

Unless it's about zombies. I will watch that even if it's terrible (and it kind of is.)
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I guess I'd have to get more of an understanding of what is meant by "the anti-24". I think the content is fairly similar but the format is completely different.
    Here's an article that gets into it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    RE: Hell on Wheels

Totally agree, with Dabvu. This show should have been a homerun. Instead it is a steaming pile. It could have been so good, instead it is boring, and annoying. I had it DVRed so that I could watch it, sat down this weekend, watched it over three nights, and came away wanting so much more. The characters are good, the subject is good. The writing is DEPLORABLE. Cullen Bohanin had a chance, but the continued reinforcement that he is a drunk, does not advance the story and lessens his character. The Irish Brothers McGuiness, need to be shoved in front of the train, they are completely worthless to the plot, yet receive 10% of the screen time each week. Lilly is a fine character, and in fact the only one on the show, that it seems like the writers thought out. I like the Reverend, a little, but just when I come to that realization, the writers decide to throw in an abandoned daughter that he has not seen in 15 years, WTH?
    I actually thought the 1st episode was pretty solid but it's had a hard time keeping my attention frankly. It's a bit too much all over the place.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Person of Interest. A bit of a slow start, but now that they've been giving more details on the backstory of the characters, it's steadily improving IMO.

The League. It's growing on me. I've seen 3 episodes thus far and laugh harder in each one.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    The League. It's growing on me. I've seen 3 episodes thus far and laugh harder in each one.
    One of the funniest shows on tv.

I'm trying really hard to like Sons of Anarchy, but I just can't seem to get there. I'm about halfway through season 2 on Netflix and I've about lost interest. There's just something about this "club" and the stories I'm not buying. It just seems so not believable.

I know you have to suspend disbelief for most shows, but I'm just not buying these guys as smart, savvy organized criminals. And it's not like the Sopranos where the characters are at least likeable. I understand they were still violent mobsters, but in their world you at least rooted for them and they seemed to have redeeming qualities. I liked those guys even though they were criminals. With SoA, I find little about them I like. I want them to lose....
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

My guilty pleasure this year has been Workaholics. It's so stupid it's funny.
    Where we gonna go?

Hell on Wheels was still being recorded on my DVR. Caught up on it over the last few days. That show has shaped up some. It has been entertaining.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'm a few years late, but Big Bang Theory is right down my aisle.

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm a few years late, but Big Bang Theory is right down my aisle.

Love it.
    I tell my wife it is the best show on TV. She disagrees but sometimes she is wrong!

I remember watching the first few episodes and thinking to my self that the show was funny but I didn't know if it had staying power. It sure has.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I tell my wife it is the best show on TV. She disagrees but sometimes she is wrong!

I remember watching the first few episodes and thinking to my self that the show was funny but I didn't know if it had staying power. It sure has.
    I used to love Big Bang and I still like it, but it isn't a must watch for me anymore.

Castle and Modern Family are about the only network shows I watch anymore. Toss 30 Rock in there when it comes back on.

Other than that it's Psych (there was a first season Austin Kearns reference and I've been hooked ever since), White Collar, and South Park.

There are also Fraiser re-runs on Hallmark Channel in the evenings, which is nice.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I tell my wife it is the best show on TV. She disagrees but sometimes she is wrong!.
    What's your secret? My girlfriend is never wrong!
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What's your secret? My girlfriend is never wrong!
    I just don't listen and take over the remote .

Turn Off Ads?