Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

Re: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I will say that I agree with doug about silence (I am also prone to swearing, assuming no children are in the vicinity). I don't think I have ever 'booed' at a sports event, it just seems like an odd thing to do.
    I love booing a rival. That's awesome. But it seems to work better in basketball when you can see a team fold in a different way than in baseball. Sometimes booing the opponent in baseball can have an opposite effect, although if fans wanted to kick the booing up to 100 tomorrow whenever SF is at bat that would be great to see. Heck, it should really work.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Our fans suck. Anybody with a twitter should know this. Really, really ignorant and uneducated fan base. The fan base that hated Latos the first two months of the year and tweeted terrible things to his wife after every bad start.
    The vast majority of people on Twitter are absolute morons, regardless of point of origin. I suspect this is because the vast majority of people, period, are absolute morons.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Our fans suck. Anybody with a twitter should know this. Really, really ignorant and uneducated fan base. The fan base that hated Latos the first two months of the year and tweeted terrible things to his wife after every bad start.
    Every fan base has clowns like this.

As great social media can be, there's always the other side. The anonymitity of being able to say things without putting your name to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The vast majority of people on Twitter are absolute morons, regardless of point of origin. I suspect this is because the vast majority of people, period, are absolute morons.
    Touche lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I agree, might as well be a moron FOR your team. I think Adam Dunn laid the designs out on his banana phone call.

I never boo personally. You can be disappointed or upset but keep it to yourself. But I will say I think Trent's comment about St. Louis is ridiculous. Any fan base has some portion that will react poorly when things go bad. In Cincinnati I think part of it is this city has gone so long without much to really celebrate. The town so badly wants something to celebrate and it looked like it was finally coming together but all the signs are pointing to another failure which the town has seen too much of from it's sports franchises.

Protecting his teammates.

But continue overreacting like you guys do.

I doubt Bruce cares at all what reaction he gets.

The fans were terrible today. No energy the whole game, pin drop quiet outside of boos towards the end, and then a good portion could be seen bailing for the exits in the seventh inning. The revelry of those first two games hit an embarassing thud this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    The fans were terrible today. No energy the whole game, pin drop quiet outside of boos towards the end, and then a good portion could be seen bailing for the exits in the seventh inning. The revelry of those first two games hit an embarassing thud this afternoon.
    (super) Dude, a light hitting, satanic looking guy hit the 2nd pitch 10 rows deep (according to the game thread). Kind of a downer right of the bat, so to speak. Can't blame the fans there for not being pumped from the get go.

The crowd was completely awesome last night and they laid a huge egg. I don't agree with booing your own team at all, but it's not like these guys respond to a good crowd anyway.

As for twitter, those people aren't even fans. They're trolls, and they're all over the internet. That's all they are - trolls. We don't see a lot of them here because our super-awesome, good looking moderating staff generally takes care of them - but most of the interwebz are infested with those little jerks. Don't even pay attention to them, you're playing right into their hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Who were those idiots behind home plate pretending to be on a roller coaster? ban those guys for life before we talk about booing.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I like C. Trent Rosecrans, but this article is pure garbage.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I agree. Just terrible journalism if you can call it that.

Who the heck is jumping ship? 95% of this board has frowned upon the slightest mention of "we might be in trouble" comments.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think booing your own team is asinine. Why would you boo your own team? To motivate them? Here's a clue: booing your team does not motivate them. Booing kills their morale. Go to the game to enjoy yourself and have a good time while supporting your team. Don't boo, it makes you look like a clown.

Turn Off Ads?