Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2011 Jags

Re: The 2011 Jags

Well, as I write this Jags are tied 7-7 with Browns. Just has the look of one of those games they'll lose 16-7.

Jags can't do anything on offense and coaching mistakes have raised their ugly head again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, I was pretty close. We lost 14-10. You could just tell it was one of those days where Del Rio and crew were in brain lock. I had no idea in the 3rd quarter that the biggest blunders were still ahead.

At the end of first half the Jags completed a pass with about 30 seconds to go and were at 4 down at the Browns 40. To kick a field goal from there would be a 57 yarder. A long one but possible for Josh Scobee. So as soon as the pass was complete, Gabbert looks to sidelines for instructions...... and waited, and waited. They couuldn't decide what to do, and finally with the game clock running out, Gabbert calls time.

Del Rio decides to send in Scobee. Then because they waited so long, now the officials decide to review the play. The play stands, but since they had more time to think... Jags decide to punt. Punt. With 6 seconds left to go. Not attempt a FG, not trial a deep pass and try for a PI. A punt.

At the end of the game with the Jags trailing by 4, the Jags get the ball with just over 2 minutes to play. They complete a pass with 2:18 to go, and can't get a play off before the 2 minute warning.

But they drive and get a first and goal at the 2 with 30 seconds left to go on a run by MJD. So instead of calling a TO, and having 4 shots with 2 yards to go..... the Jags don't call time until 9 seconds are left. They let 21 seconds run off the clock. Now they are limited to 2 shots.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 11-20-2011 at 11:00 PM.

That punt before the half was one of wimpiest calls I've seen in an NFL game, the chance of a blocked punt are the same as a blocked FG.

Ridiculous.
    Go Gators!

As we head into today's game against the Texans, things may be starting to fall apart for Jags. Last week at this time we were heading into a very winnable game and the top team in the Division had just lost their quarterback for the season.

Now.... the Jags lost the winnable game due to bad coaching, and the injuries are mounting up like crazy. Almost as if their saying, "we're done" put everyone on IR and play for next year.

In last 15 days here's what has gone down: Starting Corner Raeshean Mathis to IR. Starting RG Eben Britton to IR, Starting Corner Derek Cox to IR, Starting LB Clint Sessions to IR, Backup LB Kyle Bosworth to IR.

And DT Potroast Knighton will not play today waiting word Monday on whether he will be placed on IR.

I know he's a rookie, but Gabbert looks very bad from what I've seen. Might not be the answer.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I know he's a rookie, but Gabbert looks very bad from what I've seen. Might not be the answer.
    That's my take too. I've seen a couple of so-called experts say the same, like the Jags should not rule out a QB in the first round this year if one is available.

Looks like Dalton was the guy to have between him and Gabbert.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Today's game was a gut punch. The defense held together pretty well, but... Gabbert was BAD... you keep hoping you see improvement but he seems terribly gunshy. He bails out of the pocket all the time to avoid being hit, and when he does have time, he has been pretty inaccurate.

You could tell he was shell-shocked today. Del Rio should have taken him out 3 series earlier. We probably would have won. Texans weren't moving the ball much with their 3rd string QB.

Today is the day the whispers of "bust" became talk of bust.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Makes me wonder where the team would be if they stuck with their original QB.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I doubt Garrard makes any difference.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I doubt Garrard makes any difference.
    I'm not so sure. Gabbert looks terrible. Garrard was at least decent to slightly below average.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

It's a blessing in disguise, now then can clean house from the GM on down.
    Go Gators!

Lot going on in Jax town today. Del Rio fired, team sold, GM re-hired.

Just saw something on CNBC that said the Jags have been sold. Take over is scheduled for early 2012.

I'm guessing that this dependant on league approval.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

The Los Angeles Jaguars?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

It would be an awfully expensive move. Last I heard, the Jaguars have a pretty solid lease that runs for two more decades. There are easier fish to catch if you're L.A.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?