Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Pitches Game 4?

Re: Who Pitches Game 4?

I sense that the Reds would be pitching Leake tomorrow without any hesitation if it didn't mean replacing Cueto for the LCS. That seems to be the only issue at the moment.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

On the plus side, at least it's not like we're relying on Mike Leake for G5. That would be truly depressing.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The Reds need to do an HONEST assessment of Cueto.. For once they have to really decide if he's going to be able to pitch effectively later.
    This isn't like the regular season, where they can do their usual "day to day" for 3 weeks and then send the guy out for surgery..

I really don't want to do Latos tommorrow.
    I'd almost just go ahead and start Simon/Lecure and make it a bullpen game.. sigh.. this really sucks. Let Latos start game 5.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Man...the pendulum swung hard that game. If we don't win tomorrow, we're right back to a one game coin flip. The idea of sending Leake out there with those kind of stakes is gonna keep me up all night. On the other hand, sending Latos out on back to back short rest this early in the playoffs gives me just as much heartburn. That's not an arm I wanna drive into the ground. I know we're still one win away, but man that one hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I sense that the Reds would be pitching Leake tomorrow without any hesitation if it didn't mean replacing Cueto for the LCS. That seems to be the only issue at the moment.
    Why do the Reds have to DL Cueto to start Leake? Could they, say, DL Simon instead? I would really not want to go into the NLCS without even the threat of Cueto.

Marc Amazon on WLW's Extra Innings said Homer Bailey is saying that Leake wills start tomorrow. He didn't say what source he heard that from though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Why do the Reds have to DL Cueto to start Leake? Could they, say, DL Simon instead? I would really not want to go into the NLCS without even the threat of Cueto.

Marc Amazon on WLW's Extra Innings said Homer Bailey is saying that Leake wills start tomorrow. He didn't say what source he heard that from though.
    They certainly could, but there's a risk of raising suspicion from MLB if they do it. Technically they do have to get it approved, although it might be a formality.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I don't know who the Reds will start tomorrow, but regardless, I'm betting the over.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

The interview with the press was on multiple networks tonight. MLB Network and Baseball Tonight both showed it I believe. Unless Dusty wanted someone to throw out a red herring to keep the Giants guessing I think its safe to assume Leake is going tomorrow.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He also said Sean Casey was going to sign with the Reds when Votto went down.

I'll leave it at that.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    I don't think it matters. One way or another the Reds will find a way to come back and win this series. Every time it look like the Reds are done, they rally back and surprise everyone. I have no idea who they will pitch tomorrow and I really don't care. If it fails, you can bet they'll be battling in Game 5.
    Pretty tough to come back from being up 2-1.......

IF the Reds really think Cueto will be ready for the NLCS...

What about going Latos today and Arroyo tomorrow? Yes both will be on three days rest, but worst case if you advance you could go:

Cueto
    Bailey
    Latos
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Latos
    Go BLUE!!!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    IF the Reds really think Cueto will be ready for the NLCS...

What about going Latos today and Arroyo tomorrow? Yes both will be on three days rest.....
    History has not been kind to pitchers on 3 days rest in the playoffs.

If Cueto can't go today, I think you have to go Leake. You can't got Lecure or Simon for fear of burning up your entire pen in a game 4. I'd much, much rather have Latos in game 5 on full rest than take the chance of burning him game 4 in short rest and have no idea who I throw in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    If Cueto can't go today, I think you have to go Leake. You can't got Lecure or Simon for fear of burning up your entire pen in a game 4. I'd much, much rather have Latos in game 5 on full rest than take the chance of burning him game 4 in short rest and have no idea who I throw in 5.

They'd throw Arroyo in game 5 if they burn Latos today and we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    They'd throw Arroyo in game 5 if they burn Latos today and we lose.
    On short rest...

Turn Off Ads?