Fred Lewis 7
    Joey Votto 3
    Brandon Phillips 4
    Jay Bruce 9
    Miguel Cairo 5
    Ramon Hernandez 2
    Paul Janish 6
    Dontrelle Willis 1

I just hate that Alonso is brought up to sit. Even Lewis is starting in front of him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: 7/29/11 - Giants at Reds

Dusty, it may be time for you to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Dusty, it may be time for you to go.
    Yep. I just don't get the whole Lewis thing. If Dusty is "playing to win" Heisey is better than Lewis even against lefty pitching. Alonso should get his shot against RHP.

Whoever plays LF will be chasing more balls tonight than any other night this weekend, Heisey also has a sore shoulder.

But of course Dusty needs to be fired because of anything presumed is obviously what's happening.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    But of course Dusty needs to be fired because of anything presumed is obviously what's happening.
    He's doomed, because I actually quite like him as a manager and I'm clearly not allowed to have nice things when it comes to sports teams I follow.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    He's doomed, because I actually quite like him as a manager and I'm clearly not allowed to have nice things when it comes to sports teams I follow.
    Why's he doomed?

Walt built the straw man starting staff and told everyone they were young and ready.

Franchises that churn through managers are crap, personally I'm tired of the churning, it's bush.

Why's he doomed?

Walt built the straw man starting staff and told everyone they were young and ready.

Franchises that churn through managers are crap, personally I'm tired of the churning, it's bush.
    Agreed. I think Dusty has his faults, but it's also clear the Reds have some areas that need improved upon.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

–Baker said Yonder Alonso will get a start in left field.

“At some point,” Baker said. “He’s working (coach Billy Hatcher) in the outfield.”

Alonso started 62 games for Louisville in left, but Baker obviously has concerns doubt Alonso’s defense.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

I'm fine with Baker being concerned about defense. But if he were really that concerned there is no way he would trot Fred Lewis out there.

WOY, I agree that manager churn is bad. But that doesn't mean a manager who is clearly making poor decisions should be kept at all costs. Just as I gave him credit when the team won last year, I'm going to give him some flak when they lose. It isn't all his fault but a big portion of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I'm fine with Baker being concerned about defense. But if he were really that concerned there is no way he would trot Fred Lewis out there.

WOY, I agree that manager churn is bad. But that doesn't mean a manager who is clearly making poor decisions should be kept at all costs. Just as I gave him credit when the team won last year, I'm going to give him some flak when they lose. It isn't all his fault but a big portion of it is.
    Sorry you don't fire a guy who won the division last year for being 5 games under .500 at the end of July, it's bush.

As for Lewis over Alonso because defense, he has a LOT more experience than Alonso and if Heisey is still banged up then Lewis is the sane choice if you're thinking defense first.

Sorry you don't fire a guy who won the division last year for being 5 games under .500 at the end of July, it's bush.

As for Lewis over Alonso because defense, he has a LOT more experience than Alonso and if Heisey is still banged up then Lewis is the sane choice if you're thinking defense first.

At this point in the season I wouldn't fire him as it would be pointless. Come October, however, if this team is well under .500 I wouldn't give his one successful campaign more weight than the three others. That said, I would certainly pull him into the office right now and privately let him know the heat is on and what the organization's expectations for the end of the season are.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Great start.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Dusty needs to get thrown out just for a spark.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

gee, imagine that...a first inning run already...

bruce guns down kep at third...i hate kep with a passion

Turn Off Ads?