Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cueto leaves game with injury

Re: Cueto leaves game with injury

At least it wasn't the shoulder or elbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Cingrani is scheduled to pitch in Louisville tomorrow. My guess is that he starts and is on a small pitch limit of something like 50 pitches, to get in some work, but also be available for Cueto's spot just in case he needs to be DL'd.

Question since Cueto does that turn before he pitches could that cause injury's more often? (not saying it happened here) I also know it helps him hide the ball.

if these injuries last awhile the Reds aren't going to the playoffs they aren't deep enough

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Question since Cueto does that turn before he pitches could that cause injury's more often? (not saying it happened here) I also know it helps him hide the ball.
    I don't see where it would cause arm issues. Abdomen or even leg injuries, perhaps.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Oblique injuries would be more likely

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I predict a few weeks the Reds going with a 4 man rotation with Cueto not being DL'd and then a botched surgery by Doc Hollywood.
    Optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    Oblique injuries would be more likely
    Gosh, hope not. Oblique problems can be persistent. If this turns out to be anything more than one missed start, just unfair. Then again, Votto going on the DL last year was quite the spark none of us would have predicted. I remain optimistic. If Cingrani gets called, he'll rock. And the lineup will awaken. It will be a good late spring. It will. I'm sure of it.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Hope its just 15 day DL.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Cingrani is scheduled to pitch in Louisville tomorrow. My guess is that he starts and is on a small pitch limit of something like 50 pitches, to get in some work, but also be available for Cueto's spot just in case he needs to be DL'd.
    Help me here, Doug. Wasn't his performance in ST not very good?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I hope it is nothing but the cold weather stiffing him up.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Help me here, Doug. Wasn't his performance in ST not very good?
    BA just had him #1 on the hot list for the first week and a half of the season so far...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...april-12-list/
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Wife's undergrad was in athletic training... suggested that the area of the triceps that Cueto reached for is in the vicinity of a rotator cuff insertion point...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

From Rotoworld:
    Johnny Cueto (triceps) will travel back to Cincinnati on Sunday to meet with the Reds' medical director. Cueto left his start Saturday night in Pittsburgh with pain in his right triceps muscle. Reds manager Dusty Baker told reporters after the game that it's "not anything in the elbow or shoulder." But the right-hander could still require a stint on the 15-day disabled list, and prospect Tony Cingrani could take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    From Rotoworld:
    Johnny Cueto (triceps) will travel back to Cincinnati on Sunday to meet with the Reds' medical director. Cueto left his start Saturday night in Pittsburgh with pain in his right triceps muscle. Reds manager Dusty Baker told reporters after the game that it's "not anything in the elbow or shoulder." But the right-hander could still require a stint on the 15-day disabled list, and prospect Tony Cingrani could take his place.
    That's good. I would think (or hope) that this would be something that could be taken care of with a little rest. Not the end of the world.

I don't think Reds fans realize how good Cueto has become yet. I'd hate to see his season interrupted.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?