Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Cincinnati Reds

If only he could have put it all together...still wish him and the Indians luck. Every year I hope for either and all Ohio World Series or Reds vs A's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dear Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    IDK bounty, Bob seems dead on
    I do know, and he is wrong-not picking on him, just stating Michelle is a special Reds fan and glad she is here and enjoys the Reds.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    For those not familiar with the OP's body of work, I encourage you to search.

I saw the name and knew exactly how the thread would go.

I have OP's identity narrowed down to three possibilities:

1. Mentally challenged drop dead gorgeous 20-something that likes to chase ballplayers. --I'd like to believe this, but I doubt it.

2. Just some random internet savvy but mentally challenged 6 year old who somehow found their way to RZ. --Slightly more likely

3. Troll --WinWinChickenDin

Seriously...if you like VERY dry humor, grab some corn and do a search. It's like opening the fridge, when you are "kind of hungry." You won't be disappointed but don't expect to walk away with anything useful afterwards either.
    If I had the power to ban, you'd be gone, bro. Totally classless post.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I do know, and he is wrong-not picking on him, just stating Michelle is a special Reds fan and glad she is here and enjoys the Reds.
    I have seen message board trolling that matches the OP's almost perfectly.

That being said, if OP is not trolling, then I really put my foot in my mouth there.

Lesson learned. It happens. REALLY seemed like a troll through. Well, I guess I am the jerk of this thread. But to be fair, I was an inadvertent jerk. Like offering a heartfelt "congrats" on a girl's pregnancy (while pointing to her belly), only to be told she isn't pregnant. Yep, did that too.

Sorry Michelle. And sorry not-pregnant girl at that party 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    If I had the power to ban, you'd be gone, bro. Totally classless post.
    Your wannabe-righteous indignation is classless, "bro". Is it lonely up there on your pedestal in the clouds? Get over yourself.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I do have an idea what's going behind the scenes-at least enough to confirm this is not trolling. Even if were trolling, the proper thing to do is to report the post for moderator review rather than by making a nasty post, such as one of three earlier posts in this thread.

No one deserves to be ridiculed, and it will never be tolerated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Your wannabe-righteous indignation is classless, "bro". Is it lonely up there on your pedestal in the clouds? Get over yourself.
    I'm not that way at all. I do know Michelle's story though. I tried to private message a couple of you but I guess you have pm's blocked.

I have been a Reds fan ever cents I met Poky Reese
    I know Cleavland is not far away but I cant drive. And I did something a long Time ago to where I cant go to cleaveland for 2 years
    Michelle

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I know Cleavland is not far away but I cant drive. And I did something a long Time ago to where I cant go to cleaveland for 2 years
    Michelle
    Pokey was one of my favorite players too. I thought he was going to be a great second baseman.

When I was young, I used to wear glasses. Sometimes I would wear those goggles, Rec-Specs, like Chris Sabo did. I must have been 3 or 4 years old when my family went to a Reds spring training game.

I was trying to get autographs but really I was too small to get in front, and very shy so I wasn't going to yell at players asking for one. I wanted a Sabo autograph so bad, but I couldn't get one. He said goodbye to everyone and started walking off. My dad says loudly "Hey Chris!" Sabo turned around and my dad was pointing down at me. Sabo got one look my rec specs and came right over and signed my program, shook my hand, and everything. I thought it was the coolest.

Thats very cool! I had a pair of the rec specs too, but rarely wore them as I just was never comfortable with them.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I would have sherpa'd Stubbs on my back to any other MLB team, that's how bad I wanted him off the Reds.

That stated, I wish him nothing but the best. He always seemed like a good guy and he certainly gave the effort that was expected. It wasn't like he was happy with his results, either...

As for Stubbs' dating options, wasn't he with espn's Sam Steele before she moved on to Christian Ponder? Besides the fact that Steele is an obvious jock sniffer, I gotta say that Stubbs is doing all right with the ladies, whether in Cincy, Cleveland, or wherever he might end up...

I am sad that you traded Drew Stubbs to Cleaveland Indians. He was the best thing that I have met in my life. I did not get to go to Reds fest it will be hard when I go this year. I plan on meeting Matt Latos. I wish Drew Stubbs the best
    Michelle
    Yea, it's always hard when one of your favorite players gets traded.
    I wish Drew the best. The guy is a great athlete and I hope he does well in Cleveland.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

13. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (02-18-2013)

Michelle
    You did something that won't allow you to go to Cleveland for 2 years? Michelle, now THAT is something I'd like to hear about lol!

You didn't expose yourself to a bunch of people at a Cleveland bar did you? Not that I would do anything like that , but for some odd reason I am not allowed to go to Cleveland bars anymore!

I can say that I will not be in Cleveland for the next 2 years no matter what.

But that is all "want to' (or in this case, Don't Want), hard to imagine being banned from one of the crappiest crapholes that was ever crapped into being...

michelle....there is this company out there who will come to your house and install boxes in every room you tell them to....then they will place a round dish on your roof or in your yard.....then if you can come up with the monthly payment you can watch Drew Stubbs on TV playing for the Indians.....it truly is not that expensive when you consider all the other benefits of television.....

in all seriousness, Drew Stubbs will not be missed one iota at the plate, not even a little bit, matter of fact, he will not even be missed on the base paths, he rarely stole bases even against horrible slow wind-up pitchers......some will argue that he did steal but when you have his speed, you steal a base anytime you get a chance and pitchers almost never were worried when Drew was on 1st. Where this team is going to miss Drew is in CF......I have watched Reds baseball for a long time and Drew ranks up there with the best I have seen play CF in the last 25-30 years....Jr couldnt hold a candle to Drew if you compare their CF play as Reds CF'ers only......Drew had the uncanny ability to get to the alley faster than anyone I have ever seen....he sometimes didnt read the deep ball real well but his speed would make up for it and normally you would find him camping under the ball on the track.....he had major trouble running in on the ball and trying to make that running diving catch that is trying to fall for a single.....that was Drews only weakness with the glove.....as much as my next sentence will not make sense to anyone yet everyone will understand....if Drew would have batted .300 and stole several more bases then he wouldve won at least one gold glove....I truly believe that.

It seemed obvious to me that the Reds committed themselves to a post Drew Stubbs era in center field after the all-star break last summer. Enough was enough. Stubbs had been given every opportunity to succeed.

18. Likes:

Rockermann (03-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?