Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

I think it's Lutz time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Most of the replies from Dr. Google on "torn cartilage in shoulder" don't sound very promising.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

For what it's worth, said he was going on the 15 day DL....so I guess there is a little bit of hope he won't be out toooo long. Find out soon I guess!!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Most of the replies from Dr. Google on "torn cartilage in shoulder" don't sound very promising.
    First article that popped up for me on Dr. Google was about Robb Nen -- never a good sign.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    For what it's worth, said he was going on the 15 day DL....so I guess there is a little bit of hope he won't be out toooo long. Find out soon I guess!!!
    They can leave him on that all year.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think normally they start on the 15-day DL. This is because you can move a player from the 15-day to the 60-day. But not the other way around. So even if he could come sooner he wouldn't be able to procedurally if they stuck him on the 60-day right away. He may very well end up there eventually. Okay, I will bore you to death. The reason they don't allow players from the 60-day to the 15-day is because when a player is placed on the 60-day DL it opens up a roster spot. This prevents any roster-move shenanigans.

I'm no Doctor, but the Mrs is. She said yesterday if there was no tear anywhere he would likely be out 2-3 weeks. If there was a tear that it could be several months. So with our limited knowledge on the severity of the tear, take that for what it's worth. Either way, it's terrible news.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    @Reds: Ludwick to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn cartilage in his right shoulder. Reds to make corresponding roster before tomorrow's game.

This can't be good.
    Man, sometimes being a baseball fan really sucks.

I wonder if he'll be able to come back at any point this year, and actually be effective? I kind of doubt it.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    They can leave him on that all year.
    I know, I just think that if there wasn't much hope he could return fairly soon they woulda put him on for longer (30 days? maybe...do they have a 30 day, I know they have a 60). I know they can change it tho to longer if need be. Not real familiar with the whole DL stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think normally they start on the 15-day DL. This is because you can move a player from the 15-day to the 60-day. But not the other way around. So even if he could come sooner he wouldn't be able to procedurally if they stuck him on the 60-day right away. He may very well end up there eventually. Okay, I will bore you to death. The reason they don't allow players from the 60-day to the 15-day is because when a player is placed on the 60-day DL it opens up a roster spot. This prevents any roster-move shenanigans.
    Gotcha...thanks for the explanation. Not real familiar with the workings of the DL.

Looks like the team will have it's mettle tested right out of the gate this year. Sad to see since Ludwick was absolutely huge last year in Vottos absence.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

I wonder if he'll be able to come back at any point this year, and actually be effective? I kind of doubt it.
    It's not like he's young either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Dagblastit
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    It's not like he's young either.
    Yep. One has to wonder if he will ever be effective again, as much as it sucks to think about after game 1 of the season.

Hamilton
    Choo
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Hanigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?