Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: manny ramirez

manny ramirez

with maybe yankees and angels not looking at manny now if your the reds would u offer manny 2yr 45-50million dollar deal it may in crease ticket sales and add a little excitement yes manny isnt a great defender but the man is a bigggg time run producer and u put him between votto and bruce and i think they both could have huge years and its only 2yr deal so its not a long term bad contract if u ask me and manny may be forced to take a short deal way things are going and i believe he could have a monster year playing 81 games in great american ball park plus other ball parks in our division

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: manny ramirez

I really doubt the Reds are willing to spend that much money

I brought this up before and no one seemed interested. I think it would take a three year deal and it would be worth it.

Manny is a 5 win player easily and that is counting in his bad defense. Put him in between Bruce and Votto and they both would have monster years. Look at what putting Manny inbetween Ethier an Kent did last year.

If the Reds had Manny in left for the next three years, they would make the playoffs every year.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

No way Manny would want to come to Cincinnati. He needs the limelight ie. Boston, New York, LA, Chicago

i just think if manny would take 2yr deal and reds really want to send message we want to win in 2009 u just have to say go for it i believe fans would come out to ball park and buy manny jerseys and other things and city would have a buzzzz again about baseball and that should help team like the reds with money to help pay for manny i think hes true difference maker the reds need

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    No way Manny would want to come to Cincinnati. He needs the limelight ie. Boston, New York, LA, Chicago
    Boras represents Manny. That means Manny will follow the money. Pure and simple. Guarantee a third year, and Manny would play for University of Cincinnati.

I would love to have Manny but it will never never never happen.Did I mention that it will never happen?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will never happen.

But it would be a smart move for the Reds to overpay a little and go 3 years. Manny would pay for himself in ticket sales, merchandising, and by improving this team dramatically, including the guys hitting around him. I know his defense sucks, but he is 100x the hitter Dunn is/was.

I'd pay him $70 million over 3 years. It would easily pay for itself.

The other thing is, in 3 years, our minors easily will fill his position, and by signing him as a free agent, we eliminate trading away our prospects. And in 3 years we will know what we have in Votto and Bruce, and we will have to pay them too.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I really doubt the Reds are willing to spend that much money
    Semetimes I wonder why I stick with the Reds. I don't have to, I could switch to the yankees or sox, they are always exciting and have the money to buy whatever they want. It's kinda like spending the weekend at kenny the poor kids house when you were invited to the rich kids down the streets beach house. Year after year though I stick it out, I guess I figure it will be that much sweeter when they do put together a winner.

If you dont want a hitter like Manny on your team well then you need your head examined.

Trade Alex Gonzalez, Micah Owings, Drew Stubbs for Vernon Wells, Then Sign Abreu to play Left, then sign Orlando Cabrera to play Short

Orlando Cabrera SS
    Brandon Phillips 2B
    Joey Votto 1B
    Vernon Wells CF
    Bobby Abreu LF
    Jay Bruce RF
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    Ramon Hernandez C

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Trade Alex Gonzalez, Micah Owings, Drew Stubbs for Vernon Wells, Then Sign Abreu to play Left, then sign Orlando Cabrera to play Short

Orlando Cabrera SS
    Brandon Phillips 2B
    Joey Votto 1B
    Vernon Wells CF
    Bobby Abreu LF
    Jay Bruce RF
    Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    Ramon Hernandez C
    What?

Vernon Wells contract is too much for his production... Abreu isn't worth 10 Million+

I thought Cabrera would be a Good fit but someone pointed out to me that he was a type A Free Agent and would cost a number 1 DRAFT PICK...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    ... I thought Cabrera would be a Good fit but someone pointed out to me that he was a type A Free Agent and would cost a number 1 DRAFT PICK...
    If Cabrera is picked up by a team with a better '08 record it could cost a 1st round pick. Since ours is protected he would cost us a 2nd round pick instead.

It won't happen. I love the idea though. Manny is the type of player who could carry this lineup. He's not a good example for the younger players, but we have plenty of those good examples. I know he plays bad defense, but the left field in GABP is very small.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?