Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: dream rh bat next year...

dream rh bat next year...

Who would you dream of manning 3/4 hole for the Reds next year. The most glaring need we have is to get a power hitting rbi guy who is a rh bat.

My short list would include...

1.) Albert Pujols...$13.5 million next year...

Season 148 524 100 187 44 0 37 116 104 54 7 3 .357 .462 .653 1.114

2.) Matt Holiday 9.5 mill..

Season 139 539 107 173 38 2 25 88 74 104 28 2 .321 .409 .538 .947

3.) Miguel Cabrera 11.5 mill.

2008 Detroit Tigers 160 616 85 180 36 2 37 127 331 56 126 1 0 .349 .537 .292

All 3 of these players are among the leaders in RBI's last year which is what we desperately need. An RBI 3/4 hitter who just drives in runs..

An order of

1. ?
    2. Phillips
    3. Bruce
    4. one of these 3
    5. Votto
    6. Edwin
    7. SS
    8. Catcher
    9. pitcher

Becomes one of the 3 best 2-5 hitters in the game. The Reds will score alot of Reds with the above lineup. With Edwin batting in the 6 hole.

Now the big question can any of these 3 players be had? Yes look at the contracts and money owed and it becomes doable. With the Reds minor league system having plenty of depth for the first time in a long time we can afford to deal. What we would give up to get one of them is debateable. Would you give up a Baily/Thompson for Albert. I would because I think we would win the division next year if the pitching holds out.

The key though is to plug in a 100 rbi guy into the 3 or 4 hole.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: dream rh bat next year...

1. Hank Aaron
    2. Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post

Now the big question can any of these 3 players be had? Yes look at the contracts and money owed and it becomes doable. With the Reds minor league system having plenty of depth for the first time in a long time we can afford to deal. What we would give up to get one of them is debateable. Would you give up a Baily/Thompson for Albert. I would because I think we would win the division next year if the pitching holds out.
    I'm pretty sure the Cardinals wouldn't trade Pujols for the entire Reds organization, including all of our minor league teams

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Cardinals wouldn't trade Pujols for the entire Reds organization, including all of our minor league teams
    Nor any team in their own division.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Jimmie Foxx
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Only Holiday could be had.

Cards will never let Pujols walk. He is their team.

Here is an article where Detroit's owner is very pleased with Cabrera: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Holiday is going to take the world to get, even as a rent-a-player or to try and sign him.

I think the best bet is trading for Ordonez, who mlbtraderumors.com said was on the trading block just to relieve salary.

Id like to have Albert Belle

Resident PED Expert

Vlad or Manny

Holliday is the one but it depends on who we have to give up, if they want Cueto forget about it

Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Holliday is the one but it depends on who we have to give up, if they want Cueto forget about it
    It'd be Cueto no doubt.

The dream bat would be Pujols, but the chances of that are smaller than the strings from string theory.

Realistically, Ordonez is probably the only gettable guy out there, but at his age and salary he's hardly a dream.

Puhols only makes $13.5 million? That's unbelievable.

I have a terrible feeling the big right handed bat we're supposed to be getting isn't going to be anything special that we'll just end up overpaying for...

I sure do hope I'm wrong though.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Matt Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Matt Kemp
    The same Matt Kemp who OPS's .725 against RHP and strikes out 25% of the time? Sure he plays good defense, but I just don't get all the love people have for him...he's decent, but he ain't exactly the, as Reggie Jackson would say "the straw that stirs the drink"...

In a dream Pujols hands down, I think he's the best right handed hitter in the majors year in and year out. His consistancy, power, RBIs, average, and dare I say....clutchness.

In the real world.....I hope we might pull someone like Mark DeRosa haha.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?