Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Recomeded reading

Recomeded reading

Looking for some good reads. Just finished a couple and am working my way through the Lincoln Lawyer. Any recomendations?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Recomeded reading

Thread title is misspelled. My bad

Webster's Dictionary

... sorry had to do it

A few threads down there is a tread started by ChipR titled "What are you reading now?" There are a ton of recs in there for most every flavor.

Depending on your likes, some recent reads that I've great enjoyed:

"Game of thrones" George RR Martin. Don't normally read fanatsy, but based upon its coming to HBO and its praise here, I jumped in and really enjoyed.

"3-day road" and "Born with a tooth" (or perhaps "Boran without a tooth" can't remember exactly) by Joseph Boyden. The first is the tale of native candians (is that the right term?) who sign up for WWI, and their travels thru the war and reflections back to their youth growing up in Canada as the Europeans were settling the area. The 2nd is a collection of short stories, each about 10-20 pages, each entertaining in their own way.

"Pillars of the Earth" Oprah, George Bush, and myself all consider it one of our favorite stories written. If you get all 3 of those to agree on something, its gotta be good. It was turned into a mini-story event last summer, probably out on DVD now, if reading a book, then watching the movie/series is your thing. Both are great.

"Undaunted Courage", the story of Lewis & Clark's journey out west. I'm about 75% done with it, very well done.

"To Kill a Mockingbird" My wife was amazed I'd never read it, so she bought for me. I'm glad she did, great book if you've never read it.

"Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy, perhaps my favorite story ever, definently my favorite Tom Clancy book, seems like it picks up the pace quicker than your typical Tom Clancy book.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" series. I've read the 1st two, both great, looking forward to reading the third soon. They have a subtittled movie of the first 2 (perhaps 3?) books, but an english version movie is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Looking for some good reads. Just finished a couple and am working my way through the Lincoln Lawyer. Any recomendations?
    If you like The Lincoln Lawyer keep going. The Mickey Haller series continues with The Brass Verdict, then The Reversal, and finally The Fifth Witness. I am currently about half way through The Fifth Witness and have really liked all the books.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Webster's Dictionary

... sorry had to do it
    No worries, I laughed myself.

Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger was pretty good.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I still like the classics. 1984, Animal Farm, etc are always good. Dune is also a brilliant book in my opinion.

Turn Off Ads?