Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 5/20/09 - Reds vs Phillies

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 5/20/09 - Reds vs Phillies

Grounder to Brandon. Quickly 1 down. (that was Ibanez btw)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ryan Howard strikes out on 3 pitches. Nice.

Great game by Reds' pitchers, just great. This Philly lineup is ridiculous, and they just never let them breathe.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Werth grounds to Gonzo and avoids the golden sombrero.

And this one belongs to the Reds!

For a "putrid" offense, the Reds managed 5 runs and 12 hits...despite all the pre-game optimism. *rolls eyes* Once we get healthy, we're going on a run guys.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    For a "putrid" offense, the Reds managed 5 runs and 12 hits...despite all the pre-game optimism. *rolls eyes* Once we get healthy, we're going on a run guys.
    I'm surprised we pulled one out of this series frankly, the Phils hitters seem to be in a nice malaise. But Harang was a true stopper tonight, coming out and not pitching to contact was a wise approach.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I think they've got a shot to win tomorrow too.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Ok who else's jaws droped when the lady fliped somebody the bird twice after talking to JD on tv?
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I'm surprised we pulled one out of this series frankly, the Phils hitters seem to be in a nice malaise. But Harang was a true stopper tonight, coming out and not pitching to contact was a wise approach.
    Overall this may mean nothing, but I don't see the Reds (allowing decent health from starters) being a team that gets mired in a long losing streak...just takes one performance like this from the staff to snap the streak in a hurry.

It's a story of the Nice and not so nice, gang:

Nice:

The pitching staff who did it all
    Traveras, Hairston, Phillips and Brue and Hannigan going 10-18 with all 5 RBI's

The Not so Nice:

Gonzales continuting to not hit. 1-4, but batting .178 this far into the season
    McDonald going 0-7 in the series and batting .175 and is 0-7 as a starter
    The top of the lineuup going 10-18 while the other four go 2-14

Giving up outs time after time to Gonzalez and McDonald is just insane. Regardless, we win and break the streak when once again we pitch well only proves that we need offense especially with Volquez out for who knows how long and Votto not playing.

I guess that's just baseball tonight.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    It's a story of the Nice and not so nice, gang:

Nice:

The pitching staff who did it all
    Traveras, Hairston, Phillips and Brue and Hannigan going 10-18 with all 5 RBI's

The Not so Nice:

Gonzales continuting to not hit. 1-4, but batting .178 this far into the season
    McDonald going 0-7 in the series and batting .175 and is 0-7 as a starter
    The top of the lineuup going 10-18 while the other four go 2-14

Giving up outs time after time to Gonzalez and McDonald is just insane. Regardless, we win and break the streak when once again we pitch well only proves that we need offense especially with Volquez out for who knows how long and Votto not playing.

I guess that's just baseball tonight.

I have to agree 100 percent. McDonald ? Seriously? On the matter of Gonzo his game is shot as is his career. He is not Ozzie Smith and this team can not afford another defensive guy that most realistically will not hit. The other is Taveras but I am trying to remain optimistic.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?