Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 OSU Football

2010 OSU Football

I haven't seen one started so I will start one.

Preseason #2

Pryor is the preseason Heisman Trophy leader.

Seems like some lofty goals for this team. They play two tough road games in Iowa and Wisconsin. I do think this team can run the table but it will depend on the development of Pryor.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: OSU Football 2010

Ohio State: A Three-Game Season on the Road to the 2010 BCS Title
    Miami, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

When looking at the Ohio State 2010 schedule, those three games versus those three teams are what will make or break the season for the Buckeyes.

Sorry to those other nine teams and their fans.
    /r/reds

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

tOSU fans are an arrogent bunch, but this year they just may have the team to back it up. They are clearly the class of the Big10.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    tOSU fans are an arrogent bunch, but this year they just may have the team to back it up. They are clearly the class of the Big10.
    They lead college football in BCS bowl wins since the advent of the BCS in 1997. I would say they've at least done something to 'back it up.'

Arrogance, by the way, exists with a fan base of any major successful program. Kentucky hoops. Alabama football. South Carolina baseball. Duke hoops. You can fill in the blanks, really.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    OSU has been the class of the Big Ten ever since Tressel arrived.

O-H

I'm sayin 11-1 or 10-2. If I were an OSU fan i'd be most nervous about Miami then Wisconsin. OSU will beat Iowa easy (the most overrated team in the country), but @Wisconsin will be tough.

It's really all about Pryor. If he can do what he did against Oregon and be a good game manager, OSU will be pretty close to unstoppable. This is the most talent and depth they have had since 05. The schedule has a couple tough games, but OSU will be favored in all of them and I feel can only lose if "Purdue Pryor" shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    O-H
    I-O!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I-O!
    Go Bobcats!

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I'm sayin 11-1 or 10-2. If I were an OSU fan i'd be most nervous about Miami then Wisconsin. OSU will beat Iowa easy (the most overrated team in the country), but @Wisconsin will be tough.
    Disagree. Wisconsin is number one, but Miami really doesn't have me worried. Do I think its a big game? Of course, or I wouldn't be pissed about not getting a student ticket for the game because this year's ordering system was bogus. But Miami is not a better team than Iowa. The game will be won in the trenches, and the advantage is tOSU's and its not even close.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I think we have a very good team, but I worry about the offense. I think people may be putting too much stock into one game against an Oregon defense that really wasn't all that good. The line still is a question mark, and the depth at receiver is questionable at best. I like Brandon Saine to have a breakout season in the backfield this year, but other than that, I'm not sure how I feel about the O.

Been waiting three years for Saine to breakout. Ain't happening, he is what he is...straight line speed with average athleticism. He'll show flashes, but overall he's just a good #2 at a school like OSU.

Buckeyes really have no excuses this year, time for Pryor to prove he's a star. I do have a good feeling about them, though. Could well be "the year".

The running game will be there, no matter who it is. Boom, Saine, Hall, Berry, Hyde...depth is cut a bit with Martin transferring and Smith most likely RS'ing. But this is the deepest backfield with legit talent I've seen at OSU.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Disagree. Wisconsin is number one, but Miami really doesn't have me worried. Do I think its a big game? Of course, or I wouldn't be pissed about not getting a student ticket for the game because this year's ordering system was bogus. But Miami is not a better team than Iowa. The game will be won in the trenches, and the advantage is tOSU's and its not even close.
    Iowa is overrated and they will lose to Arizona early on in the year to prove it. No offense again and they won't be as lucky this year. The defense is still solid but no defense can win em all with that offense.

Turn Off Ads?