Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    What will you do without proposing a Justin Upton deal this season?
    Maybe he plays fantasy baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Walt:

"It was very difficult giving up home-grown talent, but we think Choo can fill the missing parts in our lineup both offensively and defensively," Jocketty said. "He is an exciting player, and we expect him to set the table for Phillips, Votto, Bruce, Ludwick and the rest of our run producers."
    Seems like Walt has a pretty good idea how he wants Dusty to make out that lineup card, eh?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Checked what my memory was telling me. Choo did play CF for Seattle when he came up as a rookie. Confirms he played some CF in the minors. True a long time ago in a players life but it won't be a cold transition but as long as he is serviceable, the opb justifies the end move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gq6ZcTyW4s

Video highlighting Choo's defensive abilities
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Rosenthal also just said on Twitter that Indians are sending ~$3.5 million to the Reds to account for the difference between Choo and Stubbs' salaries. Wow.
    This just keeps getting better. So Choo is almost a free rental for 2013.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    In my lifetime, I can't recall a more exciting time to be a Reds fan than right now.
    Personally, I think it would be even MORE exciting if you were able to recall a time NOT in your lifetime. That would be quite impressive.

Seriously though, I agree completely. I can't quite explain how happy I am right now. The ONE move I wanted to see made the past 2 years...and it just happened. The ONE glaring hole I kept seeing, day after day after day, and it just got filled in with a gold nugget.

Now....let's hope the MLB medical team of the year is on top of their game. STAY HEALTHY GUYS!!!!

“@bradjohansen: More Jocketty: "it's fair to say this is a one year deal. We hope Billy Hamilton will be ready after this."

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Steve Gilbert @SteveGilbertMLB
    #Dbacks Towers says Gregorious is one of "premier shortstops in baseball." "We think we're a better ballclub today and in the future..."
    Not disagreeing with you Doug (as I've seen very little of Didi in action), but isn't that exactly what you'd expect a GM to say after acquiring a new player?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    “@bradjohansen: More Jocketty: "it's fair to say this is a one year deal. We hope Billy Hamilton will be ready after this."
    Just make him a qualifying offer please.
    Go BLUE!!!

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Cozarts the new low man on the totem pole. Look out Zack, we're coming for you.
    This made me laugh.

I think this is a great move. And I think we should not forget that Billy Hamilton does know how to play short stop.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Re: Reds acquire Shin-soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

One problem with this move - Choo sports the double ear flap helmet. Unacceptable.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Reds acquire Shin-soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Love this move. Getting a cleanup and leadoff guy while moving Chapman to the rotation, my Christmas list is all checked off. Bring on March!!!
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Not disagreeing with you Doug (as I've seen very little of Didi in action), but isn't that exactly what you'd expect a GM to say after acquiring a new player?
    I didn't say it to begin with. Just tossing it in there. It is similar to what I would expect to be said. Not sure I would say he is a premiere shortstop in baseball, but I do think he will be at least average and likely a little better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    This is how you run a franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Just make him a qualifying offer please.
    That's the great thing... they can make a qualifying offer knowing it won't be accepted. So they'll wind up getting a first round pick for Gregorius, essentially.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?