Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Todd Redmond scratched in AAA

Todd Redmond scratched in AAA

Todd Redmond did not make his start in AAA today, and is not listed as a probable starter in the game notes. Guessing he will take the spot of someone in the rotation - maybe Bailey was traded?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Redmond scratched in AAA

Thanks batsfan. Waitaminit, is this just a wishful thought?!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Or maybe he is traded.

The bullpen was torched last night. Need innings covered, the question is "Who goes?"
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I doubt he's traded, I mean he was just picked up in exchange for Soft-J, how much trade value does he really have? His best value to the Reds is as an emergency fill in pitcher due to injury (or trade)

the other possibility (one I thought about yesterday) is the possibility that they could bring him up to start on wednesday or thursday, and push all starters back 1 day, allowing Cueto to pitch on friday evening vs the Buccos, then perhaps Votto comes off the DL on friday w/ Redmond getting sent back down.

More likely that he's taking up a roster space for a day or two b/c someone is about to get traded off the ML team.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The bullpen was torched last night. Need innings covered, the question is "Who goes?"
    Probably this. But the timing is sure interesting....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

probably time to phantom DL one of the guys that went long yesterday. "Shoulder Fatigue" usually works.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Seems most likely. We burned up pretty much everyone last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Seems most likely. We burned up pretty much everyone last night.
    Seems a lot more likely than that Bailey is traded, which would be one of the few things the FO could do that would cost us a playoff spot this year.

Bray to the DL (Sheldon), Redmond called up to fill his spot. Not sure who goes down for Broxton.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I would guess Redmond gets back on the shuttle after the game tonight to make room for Broxton tomorrow.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Bray to the DL. Wow... phantom DL I'm guessing, but the guy is going to end up with 10 years in the bigs and about 2 yrs active service.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Bray to the DL. Wow... phantom DL I'm guessing, but the guy is going to end up with 10 years in the bigs and about 2 yrs active service.
    Bringing Redmond up just incase until Broxton gets here is a very solid move, IMO. After last night, if Bailey were to get blown up early tonight, the pen could be in a world of hurt for several days. With Redmond can come in and throw 2 innings or more w/o taxing the rest of the guys. Certainly hoping that doesn't happen with Homer, but it's still nice to have the insurance handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Either that or he really is made of glass.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Moonlight Graham, back to the minors tomorrow?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?