Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: anyone have the iphone?

High five!

Re: anyone have the iphone?

My wife and I have had ours for a week. No problems with signal loss.

Facetime is pretty awesome.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've ordered my iphone 4 and should have it very soon.Is it really true that if I already have mlbtv I can watch it on my iphone.Even if the app cost something I'm sure it will be well worth it.Any info on this would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I've ordered my iphone 4 and should have it very soon.Is it really true that if I already have mlbtv I can watch it on my iphone.Even if the app cost something I'm sure it will be well worth it.Any info on this would be appreciated.
    It's $15 on top of your MLB.TV subscription -- but yeah, I think it's worth it. The video is decent on 3G and good on wifi.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    It's $15 on top of your MLB.TV subscription -- but yeah, I think it's worth it. The video is decent on 3G and good on wifi.
    Well worth it.People can't believe I'm watching live baseball on my phone and while I can't get the Reds I can listen witch is pretty cool considering reception on the radio get dicy from time to time in Columbus.With the Reds being in it this year I'm also much more interested in other games that I can now watch anytime.

Over all the phone is fantastic and I would recommend it.I don't know too much about the droids out there but if anyone is on the fence I seriously doubt they'd be disappointed with a new iphone.I've had a Blackberry Curve and a few other very nice phones over the past 5 years and the iphone blows them away.

Only problem I've been having is when someone includes a phone number in a text.I can't add that number to contacts.When I touch it my phone immediately calls the number with no other options.Other then that it's perfect.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

My iPhone 4 (upgrading from a 3G) is supposed to arrive today. Can't wait.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Jailbroke my iPhone 4. TONS more useful with SBSettings (easy access to settings), MyWi (make your phone a wifi hotspot) and My3g (use facetime over 3g)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Well worth it.People can't believe I'm watching live baseball on my phone and while I can't get the Reds I can listen witch is pretty cool considering reception on the radio get dicy from time to time in Columbus.With the Reds being in it this year I'm also much more interested in other games that I can now watch anytime.

Over all the phone is fantastic and I would recommend it.I don't know too much about the droids out there but if anyone is on the fence I seriously doubt they'd be disappointed with a new iphone.I've had a Blackberry Curve and a few other very nice phones over the past 5 years and the iphone blows them away.

Only problem I've been having is when someone includes a phone number in a text.I can't add that number to contacts.When I touch it my phone immediately calls the number with no other options.Other then that it's perfect.
    Just go to your outgoing calls and then add it to contacts from there. I always click the number then hit end call. Then go to the outgoing and hit the arrow on the right hand side and add it.

Just wanted to let you iPhone users know that i made an iPhone apps called Columbus Fan Radio that was just approved that streams 97.1 The Fan in columbus. Has news, email the show and call the show features as well.

Check it out

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Netflix released an app yesterday that lets you stream the movies/shows in your instant queue. They already had that for the iPad but it works on the iPhone now. I don't expect to use it much but it'll be nice to have when sitting in line to pick up the kids from school.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Netflix released an app yesterday that lets you stream the movies/shows in your instant queue. They already had that for the iPad but it works on the iPhone now. I don't expect to use it much but it'll be nice to have when sitting in line to pick up the kids from school.
    Nice, looking forward to win this comes out for Android.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Jailbroke my iPhone 4. TONS more useful with SBSettings (easy access to settings), MyWi (make your phone a wifi hotspot) and My3g (use facetime over 3g)
    If you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend "LockInfo" off Cydia. It overlays your upcoming schedule onto the lock screen of your phone to help keep track of appointments. You can also have a list of mail messages, notifications, or even a Twitter feed on the home screen. Definitely a must-own on the Jailbreak.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Already have it. Also have SpringFlash which is SO much better than those .99 apps. You set it to an Activator function so I just hit volume down then up and my LED turns on.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I have the iPhone 3GS, should I download the software update so I can do things like tasking?

*I have no clue how to do this
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I have the iPhone 3GS, should I download the software update so I can do things like tasking?

Yes to do things like multitasking you need to upgrade. This page gives more information about what is including in the software upgrade and how to do it.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post

Yes, the update is fantastic and there is little to no performance lag on the 3GS.

A word of caution, though -- if you have any desire to jailbreak, the latest revision (4.0.2) is NOT able to be jailbroken. The iPhone Dev Team (who does most of the jailbreaking work) has stated that they will not be releasing any further jailbreaks until Apple revises to 4.1 (expected sometime in the next 6 months) to prevent Apple from patching their known security holes before it gets released.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?