Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here are some Blue Jays fans reaction ...

Here are some Blue Jays fans reaction ...

Off of their blogs:

"Ouch. Two unproven minor leaguers- looks like Roenicke/Stewart both were used in closing/bullpen roles from their stats (although Stewart looks like he's started more than Roenicke). I don't know. I hope that JP's done his homework on those two guys, because they are essentially why this deal has been done. I'm not very convinced."

"It seems that both Stewart and Roenicke have been closing at AAA. I suppose both these guys could provide the bullpen some help. I guess I'm just really deflated that we essentially bartered Rolen into bullpen help and a 3B that's batting just above the Mendoza line. Really? "

"This trade looks like a salary dump to me. Rolen is clearly better than EE while those 2 other pitchers are fringy prospects. EE is only going to make 4.75 million next season so the Jays will save money. If it's all about winning in 2010, I don't see how this trade improves the ballclub for next season."

"I'd rather just have received the two arms than Encarnacion, as well. Encarnacion is due $4.75 million next year and I don't think he's worth anything close to that. I'd rather the team have saved that money to prevent other cost-cutting measures or had it to spend on a different third basemen.

Maybe the Reds required us to take the contract back if they were going to take Rolen, but Rolen is worth his contract. Encarnacion is not."
    I'm crushed. I love Rolen, I see nothing to like about EE, and I'm troubled at the trade request.

The only potential salvation here is IF Stewart turns out good...
    (He's not yet 23 and reached AAA in under 120 professional innings - that shows promise. However, his innings are going to cap off soon (25 or so more at the outside) which means he'll be held to 150 or so next year so he has to be handled delicately. Still, His rations look damned good to me)

...and if somehow Butter can teach EE how to be a decent defender. and the Three headed monster can get him back to pushing 30 homers like he did in 2008 Though something tells me that's going to have a pretty sever home split)

On the whole, I find it pretty damned depressing."

Looks like no one is EVER happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Here are some Blue Jays fans reaction ...

Nobody cares what Blue Jays fans think.

How many Blue Jays fans have seen Zach Stewart pitch in person? Find that group of people and I'd like to hear what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

How many Blue Jays fans have seen Zach Stewart pitch in person? Find that group of people and I'd like to hear what they have to say.
    I cared, and found this to be an interesting post. Not from the standpoint of what they think of the prospects, but from the standpoint of how they value Scott Rolen. Says good things to me when they've seen him play, and hate to see him go.

mroby85, next season Scott Rolen will be as bad Offensively since his rookie season.

But, who cares?! The REDS won't be going to any World Series any of the next 10 years, as this franchise is heading backwards ever since the day that Castellini decided it was more important to hire his buddies instead of doing what's good for the franchise, which he so valiantly did so well with the hirings of O'Brien and Krivsky.

mroby85, next season Scott Rolen will be as bad Offensively since his rookie season.

But, who cares?! The REDS won't be going to any World Series any of the next 10 years, as this franchise is heading backwards ever since the day that Castellini decided it was more important to hire his buddies instead of doing what's good for the franchise, which he so valiantly did so well with the hirings of O'Brien and Krivsky.
    Do you mean the firings of O'Brien and Krivsky? Is that the same Krivsky who drafted Stubbs over Lincecum? Jocketty have proven with two different clubs (A's & Cards) hat he can build a World Series caliber team. I think it is a great move to bring Rolen to the Reds. Rolen is a winner who will give the Reds much needed leadership in the clubhouse. I read a lot of post on here about frustration of players not being able to drive runners in, base running blunders, or poor defense. I think Rolen will do a lot of little things that will help this team. Too many people go by statistics when many times it is the things not on a stat sheet that can determine a win or loss.

Since you know all this --- tell me what the lottery numbers are, who will be the next president and when the Lord is coming back.

People stop being so freaking negative. You wanted Walt to make some moves and he made some. Let's see what happens.

I'd be pretty ticked if I'm Roy Halliday

I mean, you go to the Jays because they want to win, and they trade a future hall of famer for EdE (error prone, can't hit above .250), a middle bullpen guy, and a question mark that is completely unknown, but could be good. If this trade was made in reverse, poster would be going ape chit in anger. Stewart's future will ultimately judge this deal, but for the Reds, for now, it's a lopsided deal.

Re: I'd be pretty ticked if I'm Roy Halliday

Quote Originally Posted by mac624 View Post
    I mean, you go to the Jays because they want to win, and they trade a future hall of famer for EdE (error prone, can't hit above .250), a middle bullpen guy, and a question mark that is completely unknown, but could be good. If this trade was made in reverse, poster would be going ape chit in anger. Stewart's future will ultimately judge this deal, but for the Reds, for now, it's a lopsided deal.
    If only we could have traded Griffey for a return like what the Jays got for Rolen.

Quote Originally Posted by mac624 View Post
    Key word being for now. Yes it is for now. But when Stewart turns out to be Brandon Webb, it won't be. But I'm glad Edwin is gone. Just gave up too much for Rolen. Should have been Edwin, Roenicke and another lower level prospect. Not Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    Key word being for now. Yes it is for now. But when Stewart turns out to be Brandon Webb, it won't be. But I'm glad Edwin is gone. Just gave up too much for Rolen. Should have been Edwin, Roenicke and another lower level prospect. Not Stewart.
    I agree on this trade except for the inclusion of Stewart. He rocketed through the system for a good reason. A more "maybe" guy like Smith would have me all smiley) And I set my sights for the future on Smith at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    If only we could have traded Griffey for a return like what the Jays got for Rolen.

hahaha right because they are the same caliper players.

Was griffey batting 320>? Was griffey still one of the best in ML at his position>?

No.... and far from it.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I've heard that people who have seen Zach Stewart pitch, IN PERSON, are the same people who can see Jesus Christ in grilled cheese sandwiches. Take the clothes that you were wearing on that momentous occasion and sell them on e-bay. Your troubles are over, my friend.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I think Nick Masset and his 2.40 era (in 39 games) is a pretty good return for a 39 year old Griffey. Considering last year the Reds major weakness was the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    I think Nick Masset and his 2.40 era (in 39 games) is a pretty good return for a 39 year old Griffey. Considering last year the Reds major weakness was the bullpen.
    i was thinking the same thing. danny richar is pretty worthless, but masset is a great pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    hahaha right because they are the same caliper players.

Was griffey batting 320>? Was griffey still one of the best in ML at his position>?

No.... and far from it.
    At the age of 37 he certainly was comparable. Both were still good hitters, both were having trouble playing over 100 games. Both had 1 year left on their deals.

Turn Off Ads?